Beat 102-103 Sports and News Broadcast Journalist
Website Beat 102 103
We’re looking for Beat’s next sports and news broadcast journalist.
If you get the job, it means you’re fully sport & news aware, possess excellent broadcast reading skills & you’re looking forward to the challenge of writing, compiling and presenting hourly news and sports bulletins. You’ll also be excited about presenting your very own weekly sports show.
Interested? We’d love to chat more with you so send your CV plus demo to email@example.com
Entry deadline is Monday, June 17th.
SALARY: Agreed based on experience
RESPONSIBLE TO: News & Sports Editor & Programme Director for the production and presentation of news & sports output on the station.
HOURS: 37.5 hours a week. These will be flexible and deemed as necessary to successfully carry out your duties to the required standards of the Company.
- Writing, compiling and presenting both news and sports bulletins according to station format.
- Selecting, researching & reading both news & sports stories for broadcast & online which are suitable for our target audience.
- Producing mojo videos frequently
- Reporting in the field at various events/breaking news stories from around the region
- Carrying out interviews to enhance the news and sports output.
- Editing audio material to the required standards for broadcast.
- Being fully aware of media law and other restrictions e.g. BAI guidelines.
- Ensuring that these guidelines are adhered to and the station is protected from actions for Contempt of Court; Libel or any other sanction.
- Maintaining and developing contacts with locals representatives in each county of the South East
- Representing the station with a high degree of professionalism.
- Being fully news and sports-aware.
- Working a variety of both news & sports shifts according to the needs of the station.
- Sourcing, compiling and presenting weekly 20-minute sports show
- Working enthusiastically with other members of the Beat team in improving the station’s output e.g promotions meetings/sports awards