Marketing & PR Executive
Reporting to: Head of Press
Location: Southampton / Thames Valley
What we’re all about:
Celador Radio owns and operates twenty seven local and regional radio stations across the UK. We are dedicated to championing the individual creativity inherent in our stations and talent because we believe this is the only way to deliver high quality local content at a national level.
What the job entails:
You will be responsible for the smooth delivery all marketing events and where appropriate commercially led events across the designated regions to a high standard, implementation of marketing strategy, developing new partnerships, maintaining existing relationships, managing all contra agreements and maximising all PR opportunities.
• Work closely with Head of Press to shape regional marketing priorities
• Act as marketing expert for your region. Taking ownership of the marketing strategy and delivering it to the highest standards
• Identify and develop on brand low/no cost partnerships that are both innovative and will effectively increase brand awareness. Ensure all agreements are maintained and adhered to on both sides
• Manage and deliver marketing and where appropriate commercially led events to the highest standards, working closely with organisers and clients, ensuring on brand activity, excellent branding and the smooth running of all our events
• Recruit, manage and develop our street team, ensuring they are booked and briefed ahead of any event and are always representing the brands to the highest standards
• Work effectively with the commercial team to maximise any revenue opportunities and to ensure all cross over activity runs smoothly
• Work with programming to identify any activity that could be amplified
• Develop and maintain excellent links with all relevant local and regional media and look for ways to increase our editorial
• Evaluate all events and campaigns to ensure value is delivered and objectives were met
• Maximise tactical opportunities across the region and work with all stakeholders to maximise them
• Act as your region’s brand guardian both internally and externally
What are we looking for?
• Significant experience in a similar role. Prior experience within the broadcasting industry desirable but not essential.
• Prior experience in negotiating brand partnerships with limited resources
• Experience dealing with media
• Event management experience
• Must possess strong writing skills to produce compelling proposals, content and copy
• Hugely creative individual
• Able to understand brand values, brand strategy and translate into compelling campaign ideas
• Social media savvy
• Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven and able to effectively plan and prioritise
As well as this, it’s important that you can demonstrate Celador’s values:
• Freedom to be creative, to come up with new ideas, to do things differently and to be ourselves.
• Dedication to creating the highest quality output.
• Care for our teams and the local communities we serve.
• Above everything else to have a passion for radio.
If this sounds like, please get in touch by sending a copy of your CV to Jaime Strang on firstname.lastname@example.org.