Radio Creative Script Writer
FM104 & Q102
Wireless Group is a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News Corp UK and Ireland Limited. These include market leading stations embedded in their local communities as well as popular national brands such as talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio.
From FM104 & Q102 in Dublin, to U105 in Belfast, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities..
Dublin’s No.1 music station FM104 & Q102 is seeking a Radio Creative Script Writer to join us!
Are you a writer who loves words? Who loves writing eloquent body copy? Who is just as at ease writing clever, informative and occasionally diverse ad copy? If so, we’d love to meet you!
What we’re looking for from you:
We are looking for a person, with experience to join a team you can not only learn from, but contribute to. We’re looking for the kind of writer that isn’t just a wordsmith. We need someone who can hold their own in creative brainstorming sessions. We need conceptual thinking in addition to the arresting words.
· Have a flair for creative writing
· Work closely with a team of sales professionals which may include occasionally accompanying them on sales calls
· Liaise with and interview existing and potential clients for the purpose of gathering information for their campaigns
· Edit and re-edit scripts if required so that the client is satisfied with the copy and content
· Have an in-depth knowledge of the Broadcast Authority of Ireland’s latest guidelines
· Have a good knowledge of the radio industry, especially within the Dublin market
· Have a creative ear for the right music and voice to suit the right ad
· Be aware of how radio commercials are made and work closely with the Commercial Production manager ensuring ads sound as you intended when the script was created
· Possess excellent communication skills
· Enjoy working as part of a successful team
What’s in it for you?
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and the chance to be an integral part of the station’s new creative hub.
So, if you would like to join our creative team, and take your career to the next level, then click the apply button now including a covering letter explaining why you absolutely have to be considered for this job.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply for this job please visit www.newscareers.co.uk.