Global – Producer
Global is one of the world’s leading media & entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company. At Global, we work hard, we’re obsessed about the detail in everything we do and most of all we’re proud to be known for employing some of the best talent in the industry.
As the country’s leading commercial radio business, Global is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. Every week, Global brands reach more than 31 million people, including more than 25 million on the radio alone.
Global has more than 1,600 people working at 25 broadcast centres around the UK and offices in New York, Paris & Hamburg. We’re a dynamic company who look for like-minded and passionate people to join the business.
Classic FM is the world’s biggest classical music radio station, with one in ten UK adults now listening every week. Following an exciting start to 2019 which has included a national marketing campaign, new programmes with presenters ranging from Moira Stuart to Julie Walters, and significant press coverage, we are now looking for an outstanding producer to play a key part in Classic FM’s continued growth and success.
What you’ll be doing…
The exact programmes produced by the successful candidate will depend on who is appointed to the role. You may be working on live weekday shows; your role could include producing specialist evening output; and it’s highly likely that you’ll produce programmes hosted by some of our well-known weekend presenters such as Alexander Armstrong, Myleene Klass or Bill Turnbull. Your day-to-day duties will include providing content ideas, assisting presenters with research and scripting, and working with the broader Classic FM programming and digital teams to deliver overall audience growth for the brand.
What we expect from you:
- Experience of producing relevant radio programming presented by high-profile names, with clearly transferable skills that can be applied to Classic FM
- An excellent knowledge of the music we play on Classic FM, alongside the ability to schedule music using GSelector (you don’t necessarily have to be a classical music ‘expert’ – your radio experience is the most crucial thing here – but you’ll certainly be at an advantage if you know your Mozart from your Mahler)
- A sound working knowledge of editing systems such as Adobe Audition
- Someone who excels under pressure, and thrives on the challenge of attracting listeners from our competitors
- A collaborative and collegiate approach: we’re looking for someone who has clear talent, but who’s also keen to learn from colleagues and work as part of a close-knit team
- An acute understanding of where Classic FM sits within the radio marketplace, and of what makes a great commercial radio station
Who you’ll be working with:
Classic FM’s Managing Editor and Deputy Managing Editor (your line manager)
Our team of presenters and producers
Other colleagues from across other parts of the brand: for example, digital and commercial
Lastly, you’ll demonstrate our Global behaviours:
Straight talking and sincere
Love to deliver
Obsessive about detail
Strive to do it differently