Global is one of the world’s leading media & entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company. At Global, we work hard, we’re obsessed about the detail in everything we do and most of all we’re proud to be known for employing some of the best talent in the industry.
As the country’s leading commercial radio business, Global is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. Every week, Global brands reach more than 31 million people, including more than 25 million on the radio alone.
Global has more than 1,600 people working at 25 broadcast centres around the UK and offices in New York, Paris & Hamburg. We’re a dynamic company who look for like-minded and passionate people to join the business.
I need a reporter who can get out and about in the East Region and find the big stories.
You’ll be the sort of person who relishes being at the scene of a story and you’ll be comfortable reporting live and speaking to the key players. News happens 24/7 and this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job.
Along with Senior Broadcast Journalists and the Regional News Editor:
- You’ll cover all big local stories
- Working to the Regional News Editor you’ll play a key role in helping ensure our local bulletins reflect Global and Ofcom’s guidelines for each particular brand
- As a member of the regional news centre, you’ll be creating high quality, relevant, timely and accurate local news across the region
- You’ll play a vital role in any major news events regionally and on our national news talk brand, LBC
- You’ll be using a full range of social and multi-media tools available to deliver a successful multi-platform news experience for audiences
- You’ll also make sure that everything you do is compliant with legal and broadcast regulations
What Will You Be Doing?
- As a reporter you’ll be passionate about bringing stories to life from across the East region.
- You’ll be the sort of person that thrives on that phone call early in the morning to go a breaking news story anywhere in the patch.
- You’ll be confident doing live reports, writing scripts, gathering audio and reflecting events across multiple platforms.
- You’ll help deliver, using multi-media and social media, exclusive content and stories across different platforms with the aim of producing potentially award-winning coverage.
- You’ll aspire to producing outstanding writing and presentation of exciting news and current affairs on air, online and on social media, within brand style guidelines.
- Your main base will be Milton Keynes but you can expect to be working across the whole of the East region.
What we expect of you:
- Global Radio’s Broadcast Journalists should be obsessed by the news and have previous experience of creating original radio and online journalism.
- You’ll have a good reading style and excellent voice and will be just as at ease presenting either pre-recorded or live bulletins.
- You should be experienced at reporting, desk editing and bulletin production.
- You’ll also need to have good relationships within Global and be aware of key relationships at any brand-licensed stations.
- Excellent networking skills are required, alongside a great knowledge of news issues in your region.
- You should be contributing to an effective contacts database.
- You’ll have a good understanding of media law and aware of the Ofcom Broadcast Code.
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence is essential.
Who You Will Work With:
- Regional News Editor
- Deputy Regional News Editor
- Other Broadcast Journalists
- Managing Editors & Managing Directors
- Group News Coordinator
- Group Head of News
- Deputy Group Head of News
How To Apply :
Please send a CV and demo (mp3) to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications received without a demo will not be considered.