Junior Newsroom Producer
markettiers, the UK’s leading broadcast communications consultancy, is recruiting for a stand-out Junior Newsroom Producer to work from its London office.
Enabling brands to tell their stories through the power of broadcast. We create multimedia campaigns that generate local, regional, national and international coverage on traditional and modern channels such as TV, radio, live streaming, mobile and social media.
As a Junior Newsroom Producer, you will support the wider Newsroom team to secure online and broadcast coverage opportunities for our clients. The role will develop you to be capable and confident at liaising with journalists, producers and editors, with an ability to pitch content that features across the UK and worldwide news agenda.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Pitching interviews, video and online content opportunities to media
- Grow our media relations and contact database
- Be aware of the daily news agenda, feeding newsworthy ideas into brainstorming sessions and creative approaches.
- Be a ‘go-to’ within the business for crafting angles & stories for media.
- Visiting media organisations to further develop media relationships
- Media monitoring
- Generating media reports and target lists
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A natural interest in TV, radio and online channels, with an ambition to pursue a career in media within a newsroom environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and telephone manner
- Strong news judgement and an understanding of what media need to help craft a story
- An interest in the broadcast landscape –including radio, TV, online and podcasting.
- Organisation skills and attention to detail
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunities
- Regular away days and staff socials
- Annual leave and bank holidays
- The opportunity to work on a wide variety of leading brands and organisations
- A fun and rewarding work environment
- Continuous training
If you’re a fun, dynamic person, with a passion for news, media, journalism and PR, markettiers is the place for you.
To apply for this position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote ‘Junior Newsroom Producer’ in the subject heading.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.