Radiocentre – PR & Communications Manager
Here’s the offer
An exciting opportunity to oversee PR and communications for a dynamic, friendly team representing commercial radio. Radiocentre is the industry body acting on behalf of a variety of the UK’s foremost radio brands, from the biggest – Capital, Magic, Kiss, Classic FM – to smaller, independent local groups as well as digital only and specialist stations.
As PR & Communications Manager, you will lead on all aspects of Radiocentre’s external and internal comms, working to communicate its activities to the media while keeping the team up to speed with everything that’s going on within the organisation.
Good to know
We perform three main functions on behalf of our members:
· Advertising: We ask advertisers and their agencies to see radio differently and use commercial radio to build their brands and drive results, through marketing, events, advertising, PR, research and training
· Policy: We provide UK commercial radio with a collective voice on issues that affect the way that radio stations operate, working with Government, politicians, policy makers and regulators to secure the best environment for growth and development of the medium
· Clearance: We ensure advertising messages on commercial radio stations comply with the necessary content rules and standards laid out in the BCAP Code of Broadcast Advertising and the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
Our company values are Trusted, Approachable, Informed, Vibrant and Curious.
We need someone energetic and committed, who will be proactive in planning PR activity, capable of spotting opportunities and will react quickly to issues that require a co-ordinated response.
You will need proven experience of working in PR or communications with a track record of developing and executing successful campaigns. Excellent writing skills with a creative style are essential, as well as highly developed verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
The PR & Communications Manager role is full-time and will be based in London. It will report jointly to Radiocentre’s Client Director and Director of External Affairs, but will involve working across the organisation including directly with the CEO.
Specific responsibilities will include:
developing and executing the company’s PR plan
dealing with press enquiries and briefing journalists
writing and distributing press releases
keeping PR and events planning grids updated
working with Radiocentre’s external PR agency
updating the team on all staff activity at the beginning of each week
writing online news stories and blog posts for the website
preparing Radiocentre annual review document
collating PR summary reports.
You must have:
previous experience working in PR or communications
excellent communication skills
strong IT skills – excellent in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
a calm, unflappable manner
sense of humour
flexibility to adapt to a range of situations
a love of radio and audio
Competitive salary and benefits package.
· 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
· Life assurance cover on joining
· Auto enrolment to the company pension after 3 months
Following a 6 month probation period, these benefits are available
· 2.5% performance related bonus
· 2.5% industry related bonus (dependent on industry performance)
· Full company pension – up to 5.25%
· Permanent Health Insurance
· Critical Illness cover
· Private medical and dental cover
· Wellbeing fund for physical/mental development
· Season ticket loan
If this sounds like you, please send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter telling us why you’d be perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18th March.
No agencies please.