Executive Producer at Wisebuddah
It’s a really exciting time for the Wisebuddah Content team, and we’re growing! In the last year alone, we’ve made a wide variety of audio content for clients such as BBC Radio’s 1, 2, 4, 5 Live, 6 Music and Asian Network, BBC Sounds, Bauer, Audible, News UK, The Science Museum and Harper Collins – from music and speech radio strands to podcasts and documentaries. There’s never been a better time to work in the world of audio, with loads of opportunities for new commissions!
We’re recruiting for a new Executive Producer to help lead our talented team – this is a senior position so significant experience in the field of audio content making is essential. We’d love to hear from a variety of candidates with different backgrounds – BBC production experience would be helpful but is not essential.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter that shows how your experience matches the job description below.
Job Title: Executive Producer (full time)
Reports to: Head of Content
This is a pivotal role within Wise Buddah’s Content Department. Along with the wider team of Executive Producers you will be responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of the department, including;
Delivery of high-quality content to a variety of clients
Content development and new business
On a day to day basis, this will involve (but is not limited to):
• End-to-end responsibility for Wisebuddah’s content contracts across allocated clients/projects.
• Working with a team of Producers and APs, deliver content to a high standard. Content delivery specs will vary from project to project, but may involve social and digital elements in addition to the core proposition.
• Drive the strategy for ongoing content development in the short, medium and long-term for each ‘live’ project.
• Oversee the delivery of relevant paperwork for each project & client.
• In conjunction with the wider team of Execs and the Head of Content, configure your team so specialist skills are spread across the department and implemented effectively into your content.
• Maintain and develop strong relationships with talent involved in Wisebuddah’s content.
• Manage budgets for all projects
• As Wisebuddah’s main point of contact for your projects, liaise with clients through regular dialogue and face-to-face interactions.
Content Development and New Business
• Working in conjunction with other Executive Producers and with support from the Head of Content, develop new content ideas to take to clients.
• Respond to briefs allocated to you for development, either received from clients or identified internally as a new business development area.
• Lead the wider team of Producers and APs to generate and develop ideas.
• Adhering to relevant deadlines, deliver compelling written pitch documents and face to face presentations.
• Attend development meetings with clients before pitches as required, then once successful continue to develop content as per client’s instructions.
• Review development procedures, taking client feedback on board, to ensure a process of constant improvement in the development process
• As part of the wider team, constantly seek out new business opportunities for the Content department – maintaining relationships with existing clients and establishing new ones.
• Line manage a team of Producers, APs and other staff
• Take responsibility for the welfare and development of your team, including annual appraisals, leave management and personal development.
• Maintain and development close working relationships with a number of other Wisebuddah departments.
• As part of the wider Executive Producer team, work with the Head of Content on strategy for the wider department in order to build the business and take advantage of new business opportunities.