Podcast / Speech Producer at Wisebuddah
Vacancy: Podcast / Speech Producer
It’s a really exciting time for the Wisebuddah Content team, and we’re growing! In the last year alone, we’ve made a wide variety of audio content for clients such as BBC Radio’s 1, 2, 4, 5 Live, 6 Music and Asian Network, BBC Sounds, Bauer, Audible, News UK, The Science Museum and Harper Collins – from music and speech radio strands to podcasts and documentaries. There’s never been a better time to work in the world of audio, with loads of opportunities for new commissions!
Wise Buddah are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and organised Audio Producer to produce and develop fresh new podcasts, speech programmes and documentaries for the BBC, brands, talent and platforms such as Audible.
So, if you’re brilliant at telling stories through audio, are a podcast native or an up and coming documentary producer with great ideas – get in touch! Email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter telling us what you’d bring to the team!
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for producing exceptional audio content with an emphasis on podcasts, speech, documentary, and live/pre-recorded programming
You will find new ways to connect with audiences and tell stories using a range of narrative devices and formats. You will work predominantly making audio content but will be often be required to create and develop ideas for social media and visual as part of your projects.
You will work to Wise Buddah’s Executive Producers, contributing to the development of ideas for commissioning rounds and briefs from commercial clients and platforms. You will be required to be part of pitches and meetings with commissioners and clients and maintain good external relations with them.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of producing and editing speech audio for either BBC or commercial networks, podcasts or other audio platforms.
- Has excellent communication skills and experience of running a production.
- Has experience of developing and managing presentation talent.
- Is highly creative and good at spotting new programme ideas for a range of platforms and writing about them.
- Is able to edit using editing technology such as Pro Tools, BBC VCS, Audacity or Reaper.
- Is highly organised and able to react quickly and confidently and able to deliver programmes to a high standard.
- Is meticulous when it comes to forward planning, booking contributors, writing scripts and delivery of paperwork required by networks and platforms.
- Is passionate and knowledgeable across a wide range of subjects from music to arts, current affairs and politics.
- Is a self-starter when it comes to making new contacts and maintaining good relationships with network commissioners and commercial clients.
- Is familiar with both studio and hand held recording equipment, and capable of achieving the best quality of standards with both.
- Has an adequate understanding of health and safety practices and what is required to achieve best practice whilst undertaking this role – both in the studio and whilst recording on location.
- Is willing to work outside of standard office hours, including weekends, where agreed with line management.
- Is good at working under pressure and to tight deadlines