Senior Entertainment Reporter & Content Producer
Bauer Media are looking for a Senior Entertainment Reporter & Content Producer to join their Entertainment Hub.
Reporting into the Entertainment and Lifestyle Content Director, you will take a senior role in gathering, producing, editing and presenting entertainment news & celebrity content for Bauer’s radio, magazine and digital brands. With a focus on pioneering creative digital content to engage and grow our target audiences.
- With journalist credentials you will have a huge passion for and extensive knowledge of popular culture.
- You are a highly experienced red-carpet reporter and celebrity interviewer – who is well known for brave unique and compelling lines of questioning.
- You are fully immersed in the digital world and can create and edit digital content as well as optimise it. You have an in-depth knowledge of all social platforms and how to engage audiences on each, from Tik Tok to IGTV to Twitter you have it nailed!
- Living in a streaming world you are podcast obsessive with a wide knowledge of this arena – and ideally have experience in how to create exciting must listen to podcasts.
- You can set the news agenda as well as following it. You have an eye for headlines and trends – you know what’s buzzy before it’s even a thing!
- You will report on a variety of entertainment events and awards ceremonies, interviewing celebrities from the worlds of TV, film and music.
- You will optimise our content, engage and entertain our audiences and grow our digital reach and will have regular examples of how you have done this in the past.
- You will take a senior role and lead the production and distribution of daily digital entertainment content for the wider business. A structured content plan is crucial to this.
- Working with the Entertainment Content Director you will play an integral role in innovating the Hub’s digital content – ensuring our content is engaging, exciting and of the highest quality – therefore sought after and widely used across the business.
Skills and Competencies:
- You are a highly experienced multi-media broadcast journalist with a first-class radio and digital skill set.
- You can video edit and ideally have advanced editing and animation skills.
- You have a natural understanding of what drives views and engagement on social media.
- You are organised, think on your feet, prioritise and spot a story in any situation – whilst keeping calm under pressure.
- You have a good technical mind and are at ease in a radio studio and video edit suite. You have a thorough knowledge of ISDNs, cameras, a range of audio recording devices and audio and video editing programmes.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible, sociable and easy-going – whilst always producing first class content.
- You have an excellent on-air voice and are equally confident in front of or behind the camera.
- You have established experience in reading and writing bulletins, reporting live from the field and working to tight deadlines.
- Your writing is sharp and on point. Accuracy is essential.
- You are a red-carpet reporter and celebrity interviewer – who is known for brave unique and compelling lines of questioning.
- You can work independently and use judgement to make decisions whilst still being part of a team and referring upwards.
- You are well known and trusted within the entertainment and news circuits and have good Music, TV, PR and Film contacts.
Qualifications and knowledge:
3-4 years experience
An NCTJ recognised broadcast journalism course is desirable
An in-depth knowledge of a variety audio and video recording and editing systems. Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Photoshop are essential
The ability to self-produce digital content is essential as is the ability to edit video with skill and speed. Basic animation skills are desirable.
An exceptional knowledge of social media platforms and how best to use them to find and engage new and existing audiences.
Please send CV, Cover letter, showreels, examples of work etc to Carmela Contarino by Friday 27th September
To apply for this job email your details to Carmela.firstname.lastname@example.org.