UK Account Director
Red Apple Creative
Do you love working in audio but feel there must be more?
Are you frustrated by targets because what drives you is building strong relationships?
Do you want to help shape the structure and direction of a department?
Do you want to use your talent in a unique agency, that’s in a sector which is the place to be right now?
This could be the perfect role for you!
We are an agency with audio at our core. We work with brands who want to do audio properly and help other agencies who don’t have in-house specialists.
We’re Spotify’s creative partner in the UK & North America. Our company client roster also includes Guinness, Audible, Penguin Random House, Cartoon Network and Amazon.
We have our own in-house studios and an amazing team of specialists who work across everything audio:
- Radio and Spotify commercials
- Fully immersive 3D audio creative
- Audio brand identity and storytelling
- Podcast production
- Audio media planning and buying
- Interactive audio experiences
We’re a mix of arty, geeky, techy, creative types who deliver exceptional products for our clients every single day. Diversity and inclusion matter to us and we are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, physical ability, neurodiversity and experience. We welcome your uniqueness.
We’ve gone from strength to strength in recent years, expanding both our team and our studio facility that we call home. Our amazing team are the heartbeat of the company and the reason we’ve been successful. We have pledged to invest in them more than ever before through training and development. In the last few years we’ve also donated time and money to Macmillan Cancer Support, The Malaria Foundation and Crisis and we intend to do a lot more.
We’re part of the SNK Publishing Group, based in London and New York, which also includes SNK Studios.
We’re continually pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and we always celebrate our successes along the way. We’re really proud of what we’ve achieved so far but we’re not stopping there, as we’re now looking for a talented Account Director to join our team.
Our Culture - Defined By Our Team
We're creative (standard). We're honest and open. A swear jar would bankrupt us all. We're all equal and we laugh at ourselves… and each other.
We're unconventional, productive and we do whatever it takes to get the job done. We like burgers (meat, veggie and vegan).
We always make time for each other and our clients. We live and breathe audio. We're people pleasers. We're all very different and we love that about our team.
We praise each other and recognise achievements. We like going to the pub. We don't quit, we fix. We're kind and caring. We make a difference. We stick together and pick each other up when it's needed.
We like to dance. We say please and thank you. We're passionate and motivated. We always leave our clients feeling good.
The Person We Are Looking For
You’re ambitious, brilliant and committed.
You’ll understand audio and have experience of working in a similar role in the audio industry, either at a radio station, audio platform, media agency or similar.
You’ll be looking to use the experience and take the skills you’ve developed into a role that is going to have a big impact in the growth and development of our company.
You’ll have lead and managed teams with great success. With your knowledge of audio you’ll be able to manage your own relationships and projects whilst also offering direction and support to the team around you. You will be involved in the growth of the agency by developing existing relationships and supporting the new business drive.
You’ll have a strong belief in delivering great customer service and being a champion of your clients internally. You’re a people person so you’ll be comfortable and confident developing relationships with our key clients at all levels, and be able to present yourself as a trusted resource that they can rely on.
You’ll be comfortable working with a team that is hybrid working from the office and home, and you buzz off being part of a busy department that always delivers. You’ll be a real team player and love being part of a company that is striving for greatness on every level, not just in the work we deliver.
You’re great at what you do, but that doesn’t mean you’ve stopped trying to develop yourself personally and professionally. You’ll be keen to challenge yourself to constantly be better, even if it’s just a little everyday.
If this is you, we can’t wait to hear from you.
- To build quality relationships with key clients.
- To interpret briefs, participate in creative brainstorms, collate a response and present back to the client.
- To talk confidently and knowledgeably about our service and offerings.
- To lead effective working relationships with the rest of the account team and other internal departments to ensure clear and consistent communication.
- To help shape the structure and direction of the department.
- To keep internal CRM system up to date.
- To represent the company at industry events.
- To keep up to date with the latest developments in the ad industry and how they apply to our clients.
- A love for audio.
- High level of experience in a similar role and specifically in the following areas:
- Team leadership
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Confident in leading conversations and presentations
- A positive mental attitude and growth mindset.
- Radio planning and buying experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Able to work from home or the office if required.
- Fluency in other languages
Salary & Benefits
- £45k - £52k depending on experience.
- Subsidised Bupa medical care.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Various training schemes to help us all be better.
- 28 days holiday (including 3 days over Christmas) plus bank holidays.
- Mentoring programme.
- Extended parental leave policy.
The Hiring Process
It’s really important that we are a right fit for each other. Therefore we usually have three chats online, on the phone or in person. This is so we can get to know each other properly which is really important for you and us, as we want you to be with us for a long time so you need to know it’s right for you too.
If there is another way you’d like to do this, that will really give you the chance to shine, please tell us if we get in touch to chat.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter and tell us why you’d like to join us and how you’d add brilliance to our team before 21.03.22
Previous applicants welcome.
No agencies please.