Account Manager, Gaydio
If you’re passionate about selling and are self motivated, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Gaydio, the LGBTQ+ Station for the UK. We broadcast on FM & DAB in Manchester & Brighton and DAB Digital Radio across London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh & Cardiff to a weekly audience of half a million people.
Due to our recent growth, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join the team serving Manchester. This is an office based role (with the option of part work-from-home).
You will concentrate both on clients local to you but also throughout the UK, developing new campaign ideas, demonstrating great account management skills and be motivated by winning new business. The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio, although we’re still keen to hear from great candidates who’ve not sold radio before.
What we offer
At Gaydio we work hard, but enjoy ourselves along the way. Our culture is very much one of responsibility where we give you the tools and trust to use your experience to do a great job. As part of it you'll get the equipment you need to do the job as well as a rewarding commission structure and a fun and lively environment to work in.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the Gaydio brand, becoming an ambassador for the station
- Seeking new business opportunities, mainly with direct clients
- To devise and plan bespoke campaigns to meet the customers objectives
- To work with the production team to implement campaign ideas
- To account manage the client, reporting back results to them.
Key Measure of Success
- To achieve monthly targets
- To ensure full accurate information about the deliverables is passed onto the relevant teams
- Be money-orientated
- Be a confident self-starter who is pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Have a proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship ideally in a radio environment
- Ability to spot and put forward ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Good attention to detail
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Results driven
- Good numeracy skills
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGBTQ+ people
- Full Clean Driving License (desirable but not essential)