Account Manager – Yorkshire Coast
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
This position comes with a company car, mobile phone and laptop.
We pay a competitive salary and offer an uncapped monthly commission structure. More details can be discussed at Interview stage as we do not disclose salary information.
Reporting to Sales Manager
We are passionate about connecting our audiences with our customers. Whether that be on air through our market leading radio stations like Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire Coast or through our growing digital channels we offer creative solutions that get our clients results.
This account manager role serves our customer base across the Yorkshire Coast area (though home based calls at present due to CV-19 restrictions) and would ideally suit an individual with a proven track record of radio or media sales.
The focus of the role
Due to continued growth we’re looking for an awesome salesperson to join the Bauer family as an Account Manager at Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire Coast. Our brands are some of the biggest in UK radio and include Absolute Radio, Magic, Hits Radio, Greatest Hits Radio, Kiss, Kerrang, Heat Radio and Scala. We’re at the cutting edge of audio and digital advertising and you can be part of it.
You’ll be working with the Small and Medium Enterprise business community that relies on Greatest Hits Radio, but you will also be representing Bauer Media and be able to sell our full wider portfolio of audio and digital products to relevant clients.
This is a sales position and will require you to secure meetings, uncover advertising opportunities, present to clients and achieve sales targets each month for existing and potential new clients. You will be part of a small team of account managers and have the backing of advertising specialists in both audio and digital.
A career in radio is like no other – this isn’t your normal 9-5pm!
You can expect an environment that’s professional, fast paced and full of people that “make it happen” - it’s creative, challenging and somewhere you can grow.
We will ensure you have a fantastic start in our business, learning all you need to know to succeed in your new role and will also provide you with additional development opportunities along the way.
Our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support.
This role also comes with a company car, phone, laptop and company pension scheme.
Like most businesses we are operating a work from home model at present, having virtual meetings with clients, but where it is safe to do so, you will be required to be on the patch across the Yorkshire Coast, meeting clients in person, building relationships and generating sales opportunities.
In your role as a Sales Account Manager at Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire Coast you will:
- Sell creative multi-platform advertising campaigns across our portfolio of commercial airtime, creative, digital products, sponsorships and client funded promotions.
- Proactively manage and grow your own territory and client list and will be expected to independently source and secure new business.
- Deliver revenue in line with pre agreed monthly and quarterly targets.
- Be an ambassador for Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire Coast and Bauer Media within the local business community.
In this role you will work with business owners and senior leaders within retail, hospitality, education, local authority and public services – at this level you need to be commercially aware and show an interest in the business environment, understanding how you can add value through the portfolio of products and platforms you have to offer.
For this position you will have a strong track record in client facing Business to Business sales:
- You easily build rapport and have a keen eye for a commercial opportunity
- You are naturally highly motivated, loving nothing more than smashing a target
- You are professional and both a passionate and persuasive communicator
- Your listening and fact-finding skills are second to none
- You have the confidence and conviction to pitch and ask for the business
- Your customers love you and keep coming back because they know you put them first
- You’re highly organised, working well under pressure and to deadlines
Right now the market is challenging, so you need to be resilient and tenacious, but with almost 1 in 2 local people tuning in to Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire Coast each week, we have an important role to play in helping businesses in the area to achieve their goals.