Into to Station/ Business:
FM104 is the leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle.
You will be working across our exciting new shows – ‘104 Drive with Graham and Nathan’ and ‘Switched On’ with Louise Tighe. Working with award winning presenters you will have a pivotal role in the new direction of FM104. You will work hard but we guarantee a lot of fun while you do it.
Day to day you will:
- You will make sure the shows run smoothly, and everything is in place for our presenters to be the best they can be.
- You will make sure the output is of the highest quality.
- Help plan and research shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Generate, and develop, creative and original ideas.
- Be an additional voice on air, and cover presenting when required.
- Archive audio to locate key audio moments for award entries.
- Work with the marketing team to identify areas of opportunity to promote the shows.
- Lead the social media output in conjunction with the digital team.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are an experienced, creative and ambitious person who lives and breathes fun, young, Dublin.
- You are curious and inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions, while also able to listen.
- You’re a self-starter who can identify and develop items for on air.
- You are confident in fully managing projects from idea to execution.
- You are confident in studio direction in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- You have a broad range of interests, and stay up to date with the tastes and needs of our target audience.
- You have excellent editorial decision making, during live shows and post, which always adheres to the BAI guidelines.
- You are technically proficient in using on air playout systems and desks, Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment.
- You have on air presenting experience as an individual and within a team.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.