Virgin Breakfast Show Assistant Producer
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League and other leading sports bodies to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music. Times Radio and talkRADIO are the UK’s most exciting national speech radio services, offering fresh choice in news and current affairs across multiple platforms. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Your Role: As the Assistant Producer - reporting to the Executive Producer, Breakfast Show, you will take phone calls for phone-ins and competitions, generate ideas, compile features, write scripts and assist during a live programme.
Day to day you will:
- Answering and archiving details of calls for phone-ins and competitions.
- Writing scripts, competition questions and guest briefs for on air.
- To contribute and execute ideas whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Be confident in using appropriate software: Zetta, G-Selector, PhoneBox, Audition, etc
- Editing promos and loading schedules.
- Ensure the programme is in-sync with our website and social media.
- To be fully aware of all compliance issues including Ofcom and reporting restrictions.
- To be familiar with the range of the Virgin Radio’s output.
- Help implement a clear social media strategy for the radio station in conjunction with the Digital Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring clear communication with other EP’s and AP’s.
- To undertake any other responsibility deemed appropriate.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A passion for radio production and an ear for great audio
- A creative mind, ability to think differently and attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of the current news environment and endless suggestions for suitable guests
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- Used to working closely with presenters
- A trusted pair of hands you have a reliable understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.