Absolute Radio is where Real Music Matters. The successful candidate will be joining a family which creates entertaining and engaging content for almost five million people across 10 stations. We’re ambitious and forward-thinking, we put our audience first and we want to be the best we can be, with innovation at the core of what we do.
The Assistant Producer on the Dave Berry Breakfast Show will work to support the team to deliver award-winning content on a daily basis. From preparing callers and content during the live show to generating ideas and editing the daily podcast, this is a role which requires an all-rounder who is looking to take the next step in their career.
Your main duties will include supporting the Exec Producer in the studio during the show by preparing content as directed as well as monitoring our social media channels for content opportunities and interaction. Also;
- Editing the daily podcast and any interview/pre-recorded content for the show.
- Ensuring bespoke split-content for network of stations is written, recorded, edited and loaded into the play-out systems.
- Ideas generation and maintaining a content bank for the show and commercial clients.
- Working closely with Breakfast Show talent and liaising with other producers and talent across the Absolute Radio Network.
- Fulfilment of competition prizes for winners and commercial team.
- Energy and passion for creating stand-out content for a fast-paced Breakfast Show, whilst working in a close-knit team and on your own.
- Excellent audio editing skills.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and in a pressured live show environment.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience of working closely with on-air talent.
- Some music scheduling experience desired.