Assistant Producer, Audio & Video
The New Statesman Media Group is looking for a multi-skilled Assistant Producer to help create audio and video content for the New Statesman and across our group of titles. You’ll be joining as a founding member of a new team, with an ambitious growth plan.
Our strategy involves building a network of audio and video products across multiple platforms. We already have two successful podcasts and we’ll be commissioning more in 2021. We’re launching a new video operation which will publish original content to our websites, YouTube and social channels.
As Assistant Producer you will work with the Video Producer and the Podcast Producer to develop content ideas and help deliver on production. You’ll conduct research and planning, write scripts, assist with audio recordings and video shoots, and edit material yourself using Adobe CC software. An important part of your role will be to manage publishing workflows to make sure content is published efficiently across multiple platforms, using SEO and social best practices.
This role suits a candidate with a couple of years experience in a production environment, who is looking to develop their skills in factual and current affairs multimedia storytelling.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years production experience in a media organisation
- Highly organised researcher with strong journalism skills
- Strong written communication skills, including experience writing pitches, treatments and scripts
- Experience planning and organising shoots and recordings
- Experience self-shooting using broadcast video cameras
- Experience recording audio for broadcast
- Proficient with Adobe editing software including Premier, Audition and Photoshop
- Some After Effects experience desirable.
- An understanding of publishing & audience development best practices for YouTube, podcast and social platforms
To apply please send CV and demo reel / examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to include a cover letter please keep it brief.
Closing date 8th January 2021