Assistant Producer, Music Radio
Somethin’ Else creates award-winning radio, podcast, TV, social and online content for an extensive and growing range of brands and broadcasters. We produce radio programmes for the BBC, commercial radio, podcasts and audiobooks for a large, global audience.
We have an opening for an Assistant Producer to join our team to work on specialist BBC music radio projects. This will include live and pre-recorded programming, including use of studios at the BBC. The ideal candidate will have national or major network experience (in commercial or BBC Radio) and a passion for the specialist music covered on the show.
We’re looking for someone with great organisation skills and the creativity to get their ideas on the show. Day to day they will assist with all areas of production, from research to recording, editing and administration.
- general administrative support
- music research and script writing
- producing audio features within the show
- contributing regular show and feature ideas
- supporting the wider production team, including presenters and guests
The ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in a production team in music radio
- Experience with talent management
- Experience in music programming and reporting, generating ideas and social media management
- Experience in working across multiple projects and juggling competing priorities, with excellent organisation skills
- A willingness to develop your audio production skills and a love of music spanning multiple genres
- Knowledge of the BBC’s editorial guidelines and good editorial judgement
For those selected for interview, the interview process will involve one interview which will be conducted remotely via Zoom. The salary band for this role is £23,000 - £25,000 per annum.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter (or a piece of media if you’d prefer) explaining why you would like to work for us in this role. Applications close at midnight on 28th March 2021.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.