Assistant Producer – Times Radio
“We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. And talkRADIO has become the destination for punchy political discussion and opinion, reaching more listeners than ever before.
We also create some of the most popular radio in Ireland. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities. We’re investing in the future of digital radio and - with Wireless Studios - we’re at the forefront of the podcasting revolution. All this success is only possible because of the passion, expertise and commitment of our brilliant people.” Scott Taunton, CEO, Wireless
“We are Times Radio. We are a new and innovating voice in national digital radio. Broadcasting live and daily, we will deliver provocative, well-informed, entertaining and useful discussion covering the key stories of the day, and informing the national debate. Launching later this year, we will bring together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times, and beyond, with the world-class speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless. And we’re looking for the right people to be part of this ground-breaking launch.” Stig Abell, Launch Director, Times Radio
Your role: As an Assistant Producer on Times Radio, you will work to the programme producer to generate story ideas and set up items and guests to create intelligent speech radio that is a compulsive and engaging listen.
Day to day you will:
- Come up with news-based ideas for interviews and discussions
- Research, book and write briefs for guests and stories
- Edit audio
- Brief presenters
- Help turn around the best news lines for digital and external impact
- Plan future shows
- Work on special projects as needed
What we’re looking for from you:
- A journalist who loves the news and oozes ideas on a daily basis
- A passion for radio production and an ear for great audio
- You use initiative, have the ability to spot a story
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Excellent knowledge of the current news environment and endless suggestions for suitable guests
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- Used to working closely with presenters
- A trusted pair of hands you have a reliable understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
What's in it for you?
You will be joining a brand new radio station where we will cover the biggest stories and most engaging talking points, ad break-free. You will help us find informed and likeable guests; working with presenters who are warm and witty - you will contribute to a station that will help listeners hear the world differently.
We’ll also offer you:
- Personal development and training
- Access to our in-house speakers - remember we house several brands and get the best in the business
- Private healthcare
- On site cafe
- Subsidised gym membership
- On site book store
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.