Assistant Project Manager – Radio
News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling. Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, comprising talkSPORT, talkRADIO, Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations. As well as global ad tech business Unruly & social media intelligence business Storyful.
The Team: Commercial, is the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial content and readership into revenue through advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives. We’re a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. We’re an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with all of our agencies & clients, offering the most creative and groundbreaking advertising campaigns, with a reach of millions.
Your role: You will be responsible for managing key accounts and implementing several multifaceted campaigns across our radio brands. Building strong relationships with clients and agencies, as well as across internal departments within The Wireless Group and News UK.
Day to day:
- You will use your creative skills to write and proof-read scripts for on-air competitions, reads and features.
- Coordinate commercial video shoots, outside broadcasts and events.
- Take responsibility for campaign budgets.
- Develop ideas for campaigns alongside sales teams.
- Compile post campaign analysis and audio montages for clients. Using the booking system (GES) and audio-editing software.
- Managing social media campaigns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers , internal teams and clients.
- Take ownership of making sure campaigns are OFCOM compliant.
- Proactively source prizes for a wide range of competitions.
- Liaise with competition winners.
- Contribute to wider team projects and assist junior members of the team.
What are we looking for from you?
- Excellent project management experience within media.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects at once, effectively and efficiently, utilising great time management skills.
- Ability to generate creative and commercial campaign ideas.
- An understanding of the OFCOM code and all compliance associated with running on-air competitions.
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.