Asst Dev Producer
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Assistant Development Producer/ Development AP
Reporting of the Role
This role will report to the Head of Content Development & Strategy, Commercial Video and the Head of Commercial Video
Overview of job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Assistant Development Producer to become an integral part of our team. This is an exciting new role in the department, and we are looking for someone who lives and breathes online content, knows the big hitters on platforms like Tik Tok and Snapchat, and is ahead of the curve on emerging platforms and talent.
You will live online, be all about social, a great writer and happy getting stuck in on an edit, designing a presentation or picking up a camera to shoot.
We are interested in meeting people who have a true passion for content, know what makes a shareable, engaging video for key platforms, have experience of Adobe Premier Pro & Creative Cloud and who just love to create!
3 best things about the job
- You’ll work directly with a highly passionate and talented video team with plenty of opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills in video production
- You’ll be working in the heart of one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups on a wide range of high profile and exciting projects
- You will be in a highly creative position that involves watching and helping to create loads of great content on your favourite platforms
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Been part of countless brainstorms and written winning treatments
- Designed brilliant pitch materials
- Been part of a wide range of shoots and projects
- Edited a range of content for pitches
- Presented weekly roundup videos to the wider team
- Worked with members of the video team and created exciting and engaging videos
- Been trained on using our in house studios and camera kits
- Learnt the ins and outs of our department servers, ingest and archive processes
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for supporting our Development Producer & Head of Content Development & Strategy in idea generation, developing pitch materials and write ups for social video content across the suite of Global brands
- Identifying key platforms and players on these platforms, watching an array of social content each day and creating and sharing highlights reels with the wider team
- As well as coming up with ideas, you will also be creating sizzle video edits, taster reels and ideally be able to shoot if needed
- Attending key brainstorms and meetings and acquiring the skills to ultimately become a Producer
What you will need
- To have a curious mind- to think creatively and be driven by social, feed-first ideas
- Be a fast learner, willing to test yourself and be keen to upskill
- To be obsessed with social video content and pop culture
- A proficiency in stylistic editing using Premier Pro
- Photoshop skills to be able to create excellent pitch materials
- Have great writing skills and be tonally versatile as you will be working across all the Global brands
- To have an insatiable appetite for all things social and be able to generate engaging video ideas with a clear understanding of audience behaviours online
- You may work with talent in this role and so need to be discreet, respectful and professional at all times.
- You’ll ideally have some experience creating content to meet both editorial and commercial briefs in social or digital production for a publisher or competitor
- You will be able to understand briefs and the need to deliver brilliant responses that deliver on the outlined objectives
- Ultimately you will bring positive energy and exciting ideas to the table and be an empathetic character who can nurture ideas as well as you can nurture working relationships.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global