Asst Producer – Commercial Video
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Assistant Producer – Commercial Video
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Head of Commercial Video and Head of Content Development & Strategy, Commercial Video
Overview of job
We are looking for an ambitious, hands on and hard-working Assistant Producer to join our team delivering industry-leading branded video content across all of Global’s brands.
The successful candidate will be completely at home in the digital world - an avid consumer of digital content with an in-depth understanding of what we and other publishers are doing and some great technical knowledge and training to help make our projects happen. We have some of the UK’s biggest and most engaged social audiences across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter so you will be helping making content which a lot of people see.
We’re looking for an Assistant Producer who brings positivity, energy and enthusiasm to everything they do. Someone who is eager to be involved in every aspect of bringing a production together, and someone who is keen to learn from those around them. This is a very varied role and no two days will looks the same, you need to be at home with administrative tasks as well as also having some proficiency with Adobe Premier, the Creative Cloud Suite and happy shooting content yourself.
3 best things about the job
- Our department works with some of the best brands in the world on some of the largest digital platforms in the UK - there will be a lot of eyes on the work.
- You will be working with a hugely talented and supportive team.
- This is a very hands on role so you will be gaining brilliant experience in a professional setting.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Worked on a range of projects and helped deliver them to a high standard.
- Fostered and grown relationships within the video department as well as across our commercial, digital and social teams.
- Made a real difference in the department picking up a range of different tasks and running with them.
- Spent time shooting and editing some great content.
- Maintained consistent, prompt and professional communication across the
- Understood and adopted internal processes, workflows and policies.
Responsibilities of the role
- Assisting production of branded video content and looking after some smaller scale shoots independently.
- Working on multiple projects at one time as well as taking on broader departmental tasks.
- You need a head for numbers and logistics – you will be assisting with preparation of schedules and other key project documents.
- At times shooting and editing content yourself.
- 99% of our work is delivered on social platforms – Instagram, Facebook, twitter and TikTok. So we want people who understand these platforms, engage with them as a consumer and understand the latest production values and trends.
- You will be supported by more senior members of the team as well as the leadership team and our commercial department.
- This role will at times be hands on so good level of proficiency on Adobe Premiere Pro & Creative Cloud as well as using cameras would be an advantage.
- Managing multiple requests simultaneously and seek internal or external resource where appropriate.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role. We want someone who is ambitious and keen to make a real contribution to making great content. They will be capable of the following:
- A good understanding of all aspects of video production techniques and workflows.
- Experience of creating content for social platforms or for digital publishers.
- The ability to work well in a team, adapting your approach to follow instructions or at times to take more responsibility within a project.
- Good experience with Adobe Premiere Pro & Creative Cloud.
- Good experience filming content yourself. You might be using kit like an FS7, c500, black magic pocket, GoPro or Osmo)
- Our turnarounds can be tight and you may need to juggle multiple projects at the same time. You will need to show initiative, handle pressure and deliver when it counts.
- A can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile and to always be professional and courteous towards your colleagues and clients.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are ourwork places.
We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global