Audio and Social Assistant Producer (Full Time)
Works to: Producers and the Executive Producer
Location: Remote / London / Essex
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience.
Folded Wing Vision:
Straight out of Essex, we are passionate about producing content that makes a difference. We collaborate with artists, creators, producers and musicians to take risks and nurture new opportunities in the creative space. We strive to collide the worlds of different cultures, creatives, brands to forge unusual partnerships that reach audiences around the world.
Folded Wing Values:
Passionate, innovative, warm, organic, game changing and inclusive.
Folded Wing Work:
You can expect to work across a wide range of content. Folded Wing has a great breadth of work including: For the Love of Hip Hop with Romesh Ranganathan for BBC Sounds, Selector Radio for The British Council with Jamz Supernova, BARS for the Prison Radio Association with Lady Unchained, The Jazz Show on BBC Radio 2 with Jamie Cullum, BBC Introducing on Radio 1 Dance with Jaguar.
The Assistant Producer role is key to the success of Folded Wing and essential to the smooth running of the company. You will provide invaluable support and assistance to the Producers you work with across a wide range of audio content - this will include podcasts and radio programmes for a range of clients, including the BBC. This is a multi-faceted role - you will be brimming with ideas and have excellent editing skills, but also have excellent attention to detail, particularly when it comes to admin.
- You will have excellent organisational, research and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently, but also to function well as part of a team.
- Excellent music knowledge and passion across a range of genres, including but not limited to Jazz, Hip-Hop, Rock, Dance.
- Initiative to take on new tasks, skills and responsibilities, as well as dealing with issues and finding solutions in order to overcome obstacles.
- Excellent audio editing skills, preferably in Reaper.
- Experience in a live studio environment.
- Talent management experience, including dealing with established household names.
- Client liaison experience, with an ability to communicate clearly inside and outside the company.
- Photoshop and video editing experience (Premier knowledge advantageous), with an ability to create social assets to promote audio content and the Folded Wing brand.
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to the highest quality standards.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- Good editorial judgement, knowing when to refer to the producer or executive producer.
- Experience working with external suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Complete weekly admin for the programmes that you work on, including updating tracklists and genealogy, writing track notes and completing other tasks assigned by your producer.
- Edit audio, including cleaning tracks, editing interviews and features, and stepping up to build programmes when the producer is away.
- Attend client meetings when needed to represent Folded Wing and the programmes that you work on.
- Design and make social assets to promote the programmes that you work on, and Folded Wing.
- Be a part of the Folded Wing team - contribute ideas, work on new business, and help to develop existing content.
- Deliver programmes to clients.
- Write scripts.
- Step up to plan and produce programmes when the producer is away, including liaising with clients and producing talent.
Need to know:
If you think you’re the right person to join our team, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org putting the name of the role you are applying for in the subject, attaching your CV and in no more than one page tell us why you are suitable for the role. Feel free to provide links or examples of one or two of your finest projects!
Deadline Sunday 29th January 2023
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Folded Wing recognises that DE&I help to support creativity and innovation, they are an essential ingredient in a successful company. We are committed to encouraging DE&I to underpin a zero-discrimination policy within our company. We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society. We want our company to be one in which every employee and freelancer feels respected and able to give their best. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.