Audio Producer, Capital Breakfast
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Audio Producer, Capital Breakfast
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Executive Producer, Capital Breakfast
Overview of job
As an Audio Producer of Capital Breakfast, you’ll manage and develop the show sound to make it the hottest on the dial every day, from spectacular production to a perfect segue between songs.
If you’re passionate about delivering audio at the world-class standard Capital demands and have personal pride in everything you produce, we want you to join the best team in the business.
3 best things about the job
- An exciting and varied workload every day - from helping Roman find the perfect clip, recording Ed Sheeran jump out of a present, producing an OB from a private jet, or working at Capital’s Summertime Ball… you’ll never be bored!
- The best work of your career will be heard by millions of people, on the flagship show of an iconic radio station. We’ll challenge you to go bigger and better in everything you do.
- An incredible working environment. You’ll be part of a hard-working and encouraging team that wants to win, in probably the best studios in the world!
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Settled into the breakfast team and built positive relationships with the talent and fellow producers. Plus, got to know our wider Sound Design and Technology teams to work closely with them.
- Delivered creative audio content for the show with an outstanding level of quality and attention to detail.
- Thought about the wider sound of the show and how it can be elevated to the next level. How can Capital Breakfast sound even better!
Responsibilities of the role
- Record and edit celebrity interviews with a great ear to evaluate and what’s worth keeping, what needs to go to make it a punchy listen.
- Use your creativity and production toolbox to lift everything we do with the perfect bed, sound effect, clip or a stand-out technique.
- Show off imaging skills by creating bespoke production for regular and one-off features that fit the Capital sound.
- Deliver daily promos to highlight stand-out moments and drive audiences to tune in. How can you make us a ‘must-listen’ show in 30 seconds?
- Ensure the wider Capital team has clips and timely information to talk up our show with passion.
- Be on hand to turn around audio in the live show, whether it’s a caller, pre-recorded moment or production we need quickly.
- Manage technical delivery of OBs, events and video or social content by arranging and testing microphones, mixers and other sound equipment we may need.
- Script, record, edit and publish the weekly Capital Breakfast Podcast to bring new audiences to the breakfast show, celebrate outstanding content and trial new ideas.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- An outstanding eye and ear for detail.
- Pro knowledge of Adobe Audition for day-to-day editing - plus a basic knowledge of Pro Tools for more advanced sound design.
- At least two years experience working in radio, ideally at a market leading level.
- A great portfolio of sound design and content, with outstanding production values.
- An understanding of how to craft a great script for Capital - and how to get the most out of our talent.
- Experience producing shows, editing content quickly and accurately for on-air.
- A solid understanding of the OFCOM code and broadcast law to ensure audio is compliant and free of issues.
- A confident, outgoing personality to contribute ideas and slot into a team that’s filled with big personalities
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global