Audio Producer, Stories of our Times
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
We are recruiting an experienced Audio Producer to work on Stories of our Times, the daily podcast for The Times and the Sunday Times.
Successful candidates will work closely with some of Britain’s leading journalists, creating audio that sets the news agenda and examines major stories in a new light. Applicants with experience in narrative journalism, audio documentary, current affairs broadcasting are encouraged to apply. If you love great audio storytelling, are passionate about news and can tell your Caliphate from your Butterfly Effect, get in touch.
Day to day you will be;
- Finding and pitching stories and original story angles
- Working closely with leading print journalists and reporters
- Taking responsibility for the production of complete episodes of a major narrative podcast
What we’re looking for from you:
- A strong background in audio documentary production
- Understanding of narrative journalism
- Knowledge of the news agenda
- Experience of news journalism is a plus
- Great writing skills
- Ability to work creatively with high profile guests and interviewees
- Efficient and experienced with editing software
- A creative approach to audio and podcasting
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to be part of the team on a major UK podcast
- Opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading journalists and podcasting talent
Life at Wireless
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.