Audio Producer – The Times and Sunday Times Podcast
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is owned by News UK and Ireland Ltd, the parent company to The Times and The Sunday Times.
We are recruiting an experienced Audio Producer for a high-profile new podcast project for The Times and The Sunday Times.
Successful candidates will work closely with some of Britain’s leading journalists, creating audio that sets the news agenda and examines major stories in a new light.
Applicants with experience in audio documentary, current affairs podcasting, and radio news are encouraged to apply.
If you love great audio storytelling, are passionate about UK and global news and can tell your Caliphate from your Butterfly Effect, get in touch.
Your role: - Podcast Producer
Deadline for Applications: Midnight 15th March 2020.
- Finding and pitching stories and original story angles
- Working closely with leading print journalists and reporters
- Taking responsibility for the production of complete episodes of a major narrative podcast
Skills / Experience:
- A strong background in audio documentary production
- Understanding of narrative journalism
- Detailed knowledge of UK and global news agenda
- Great writing skills
- Ability to work creatively with high profile guests and interviewees
- Efficient and experienced with editing software
- A creative approach to audio and podcasting
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to be part of the launch team on a major UK podcast
- Opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading journalists and podcasting talent
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.