Branded Content, Digital Editor
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Branded Content, Digital Editor
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Digital Development, Branded Content
Overview of job
Are you a creative wordsmith, able to adapt your tone of voice to suit different audiences and brands?
Are you as comfortable writing snappy copy as you are managing multiple projects at the same time?
Or perhaps you have interchangeable skills in creative writing, project management and delivery that would make you a great candidate for the role of Digital Editor, Branded Content.
We are looking for someone to join the Branded Content Team on a full-time basis, to deliver engaging commercial copy for a variety of digital elements, including online competition pages, quizzes and newsletters. This role also involves a high level of project management and campaign delivery, working in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will deliver high quality digital branded content for the best media and entertainment brands on the planet, including: Heart, Capital, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Radio X, Smooth Radio, LBC, Gold and PopBuzz!
3 best things about the job
- You’ll own projects from start to finish, delivering digital branded content for a variety of clients across Global brands!
- You'll play a crucial role in the Branded Content Team, working across campaigns that touch all Global platforms from on air to online
- Your days will be fast-paced, with lots of opportunity for cross-department working and bringing your expertise and knowledge to the table.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Gained a great working knowledge of Global brands, from individual tones of voices to what each audience loves
- Delivered multiple projects, with your work sitting across multiple Global channels
- Written engaging copy, built online pages and set content live on Global websites
- Delivered post-campaign reports, monitoring how online elements have performed
- Built strong & positive relationships with internal partners, working closely with the wider Branded Content team, Editorial, Programming, Commercial Design and Partnerships teams
- Maintained consistent, timely and professional communication across the business
- Understood and adopted internal processes, workflows and policies
- Worked with a hugely passionate and supportive team
Responsibilities of the role
- Shape engaging copy for online audiences and understand the importance of a seamless user journey, identifying ways to improve this
- Possess great organisational skills, with experience managing multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously
- Work with our commercial team to ensure the client brand shines through in the content we produce whilst the content remains true to the Global brand identity
- Every project will be different and every client and Global brand brings with it a set of requirements, meaning we need someone with positivity, energy and the ability to manage multiple partners whilst delivering outstanding results
What will you need
The ideal candidate will thrive carrying out both creative and administrative tasks and be capable of the following:
- Experience of working in a hybrid role
- A qualification in English language, journalism or similar
- Creative writing experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working with CMS and basic HTML skills
- Experience monitoring campaign performance, i.e. reporting on page stats using platforms like Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience delivering and/or project managing digital content (e.g., working as part of an editorial, CRM or digital team; as a copywriter; or within a marketing, publisher or agency environment)
- The ability to develop imaginative copy and adapt your tone of voice / writing style depending on project
- Ability to manage your own time and prioritise workloads
- The ability to problem solve on the job and help others do the same
- The ability to respond positively to the needs and expectations of others, to achieve the right solution for our brands and commercial partners
- A great knowledge of and passion for all things digital (digital media/social media platforms and trends)
- Superb attention-to-detail.
- Relationship building skills
- Photoshop skills
- You'll be a team player
- You’re hard-working, punctual and self-motivated
- A knowledge of radio / interest in music and news is advantageous but not essential
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org