Beat Breakfast Producer: This is a full-time position. You will be digitally proficient and will work as part of an award-winning team that produces and presents high quality multi-platform content for Beat Breakfast; the South East’s Market Leading breakfast show.
Beat Breakfast is an upbeat, fast paced show targeting 15-34 year olds across the five counties of the South East & beyond.
The successful candidate will be:
- A team player. Beat Breakfast is consistently the station’s flagship show because its members work consistently, collaboratively, and respectfully, as a team.
- A self-starter who is well able to work off their own initiative and contribute to daily breakfast meetings.
- A hard worker- Beat Breakfast is busy. You need to be versatile, capable of dealing with many balls juggling in the air at any one time.
- Focused on devising content that is authentic. Our listeners will see through anyone who isn’t themselves.
- A quirky contributor to the show and the station’s overall creativity.
- knowledgeable on what’s going on in society, locally, regionally nationally and the world. Popular culture is important too.
- Capable of taking direction from the Hosts of the show.
- Comfortable working alongside Beat’s PD and Head of Music in devising features for the show
- Proficient in selecting and researching stories for broadcast which are suitable for our target audience.
- Confident enough to carry out interviews which will enhance output.
- Masterful at booking and maintaining relationships with guests and be able to connect with listeners off air so they are comfortable when they go on air.
- Highly skilled in editing audio/video material to the required standards for broadcast & be able to share content across all of Beat’s multi channels
- An actively innovative content creator across all major social media platforms to ensure Beat is attracting a wider audience online as well as its strong reach on air.
- A good editor: you will source, develop, write, and publish content for our website.
- Enthusiastic about working closely with the Beat Sales and Solutions departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities.
- Fully aware of media law and other restrictions e.g. BAI guidelines.
- Professional in representing the station, always.
The key traits of the Beat Breakfast Producer
- A skilful Communicator with effective listening skills.
- A strong interest in Pop Culture e.g. Movies, Music and Entertainment, news and current affairs.
- A curiosity that’s insatiable.
- A personable disposition!
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills. (Including grammar!)
- Social Media savvy & knowledgeable on relevant metrics.
- Technically proficient in editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment (audio and video).
- On Air Experience (Contributor or Presenter).
- High standard of Radio Production skills.
- Cares about the world around them.
- Passionate about things that matter most to them.
- Follows through on what is asked of them.
- Full, clean Driver’s License.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly to an ever-changing news cycle, and meet tight deadlines
Please submit a short demo with your application demonstrating how you can contribute content to the show.
Third level qualification or equivalent.
Closing date for applications is COB Wednesday September 1st 2021