Breakfast set up producer
Wireless is a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News Corp UK and Ireland Limited.
Wireless operates leading radio brands across the UK and Ireland. These include market leading stations embedded in their local communities as well as popular national brands such as talkSPORT - the world's biggest sports radio station, Virgin Radio - home of the Chris Evans Breakfast Show, talkRADIO and most recently Times Radio.
- We're looking for an ambitious Breakfast show set up producer who's got editorial nous and can predict which stories will make the next day's front pages.
- You'll be responsible for booking the guests for the following day's show with the assistance of the political producer, on-air producer and Content Editor.
- You’ll liaise with the Breakfast show presenter about stories, angles, guests and case studies.
- You’ll have an extensive contacts book ranging from MPs, MSPs, MEPs, and you’ll know your parliamentary committees, think tanks and leading charities.
- You’ll know all the key players both in government and in opposition parties and the best way to approach them.
- You’ll have experience of making tough editorial decisions and a clear understanding of the news agenda
- Extensive experience of having worked in a newsroom where stories, guests and deadlines are constantly changing and having the ability to prioritise.
- Fantastic phone manner, ability to organise a running order which could change by the hour and a go-get-em attitude.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.