Breakfast Show Producer, Greatest Hits Network, Scotland
It’s clear to see that The Greatest Hits Network in Scotland is full of ambition and is very much at the start of an exciting journey. In the last year, we’ve signed up top Broadcasters like Ewen & Cat at Breakfast, Micky Gavin in the Afternoons and Fred MacAulay at the weekend. With an ever-expanding remit and a strive to be an even bigger force in the radio market in Scotland, our current Breakfast Producer has moved into the newly created operations role on the network. Showing our ambition for growth and the progression you can see at a company like Bauer Media.
It now means we’re looking for the right person to look after the award-winning Ewen & Cat at Breakfast. This role could see you at the centre of it all ‘making radio’ with one of the most exciting breakfast shows in the country. You will be making a difference to the output day in and day out, working alongside our multi-award-winning team. You will be mentored and managed by the production team behind the former ‘UK Best Breakfast Show of the Year’ (and many other awards) as well as former producer of the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. We’re serious about our breakfast shows and we have major ambition to grow and win even more awards, but more importantly have fun on the way…..you WILL have a good laugh working with this team.
In this role, every day is different, and variety is key. You will make sure everything runs smoothly in a fast-paced live studio environment, working with key talent to produce our high-quality shows. You will also work on projects alongside our Hits Radio Scotland and Greatest Hits Radio colleagues, helping produce and mix shows which are broadcast across Scotland and the wider Greatest Hits Radio UK Network.
The Greatest Hits Network in Scotland broadcasts across the country on Clyde 2, Forth 2, MFR 2, Northsound 2, Tay 2, Westsound AM & Westsound FM.
- You will make sure our output is of the highest quality. You will ensure that the Breakfast Show runs smoothly, and everything is in place for our presenters to be the best they can be.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of how Breakfast shows are produced and the ability to manage the technical aspects to make this happen.
- Plan and produce shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation from our new state of the art studios (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit which always adheres to the Ofcom code.
- You will lead the promotion of the show outside Breakfast Show hours. Which key moment of the day would create a great talk up for our line-up to talk about? Eg, Writing Show Talk Up’s and mixing the breakfast show promo.
- Great archiving skills so we can locate key audio moments in an instant for award entries.
- Manage our Breakfast Show social media strategy and find new and exciting ways to engage and grow audiences working with Operations Director and our marketing, digital content, design and video production teams.
- The opportunity to work across the Hits Radio Scotland and Greatest Hits UK Network
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of the Greatest Hits Network and Hits Radio Scotland Network.
- You will have experience of keeping a calm head - when things get hectic - and be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- You'll be able to manage some of the highest profile radio talent in the country and have the knowledge to coach them to achieve their full potential.
- Feel confident in fully managing projects from idea to execution.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Great editing and automation skills for production of programmes.
- Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Feel confident in collaborating with our Operations Directors and marketing, digital content, design, and video production teams and help lead the Breakfast Show strategy to find new and exciting ways to engage and grow our online audience. You should be competent using Content Management Systems and social media including Facebook, Instagram and Facebook.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills and feel confident to work on your own and with a team.
- You'll have experience from working in a similar type of role and know you will have the full support from the team to help you grow into this role.