Broadcast & Digital Assistant
SPIN South West – Broadcast & Digital Assistant
SPIN South West is a fun and vibrant radio station, where we do everything differently! We broadcast across Kerry, Limerick, Clare, North Tipperary & South West Laois.
While continuing to recruit 15 – 34 year old listeners, over the last 8 years SPIN South West’s original listeners have grown up with the station and remain loyal to the station. Today 180,000 adults* in the South West tune in to Spin South West each week.
It’s all about the music.
About the Role
The Broadcast & Digital Assistant will create content for and maintain SPIN South West’s online community and will manage engagement with the digital audience. You will report directly to the Content Controller.
You will work closely with the Programming, News, Entertainment & Marketing teams and ensure consistency in the SPIN South West brand and tone of voice.
Your Responsibilities, Skills and Qualifications
What you’ll do:
- Create with the Local Content Controller, SPIN South West’s digital content across all social media platforms.
- Work In conjunction with the Dublin-based News & Entertainment team, supplement regional & local content on all platforms.
- Generate compelling regional content and ensure content is fresh and updated regularly
- Monitor user feedback and react to it, respond to user queries
- Moderate all user-generated content in social media streams
- Creating content for spinsouthwest.com – in particular the trending, entertainment and Life & Style sections
- Provide video content that is relevant to the target market of SPIN South West
- Respond to user comments on website, Twitter, Facebook and other social media streams
- Implement SPIN South West’s take-down policy where necessary
- Seed show content where necessary
- Assist with email marketing newsletters
- Assist where necessary with locally broadcast shows
- SPIN South West’s on-air shows digital requirements
- Source content for show producers for them to create both on air and online content
- Work with show producers to ensure all community platforms (e.g. website, forums, blogs, social media) are utilised
- You are creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic communication & interpersonal skills.
- You have strong project management, administrative and organisational skills.
- You have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms and their respective participants (forums, blogs, photo sharing, social media, apps, etc) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- You are an avid listener of SPIN South West and know the brand & product inside-out.
- You have an ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships with internal teams and the online community.
- You have a good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- You have a good knowledge of principles of customer service.
- You have a willingness to spot and share revenue potential ideas with the Sales Teams.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.