Broadcast Journalist (12 Month Maternity FTC)
Are you hard working? Do you have radio newsroom experience? Love showbiz? Have an excellent broadcast voice? Then Entertainment News wants you.
Entertainment News is the UK’s leading showbiz provider for commercial radio, supplying groups including Bauer among others. Almost 9 million listeners around the UK hear our content every week, while millions more watch our online showbiz video features.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Entertainment News team at 7digital’s London headquarters (currently remote due to COVID) as a full-time Broadcast Journalist, covering on a 12 month maternity basis.
We are looking for a hard working journalist with excellent inter-personal skills, great organisational and time management skills and a journalist with newsroom experience who’s able to think-fast and react to breaking news scenarios. An interest in showbiz is also encouraged.
- Writing scripts and producing audio cuts for radio broadcast
- Writing and reading bulletins
- Creating video packages for our online partners
- Interviewing a range of celebrities in the world of TV, Film and Music
- Social Media management
- Overnight and evening work is required (on a rota basis)
- 2+ years news writing experience
- 2+ years audio editing experience
- Strong interviewing skills
- Social Media Skills
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition or a similar audio editing programme
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or a similar video editing programme
- 25 days holiday (increasing by one day each January, up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Bonus birthday day off
- Pension Scheme - matched contributions up to 3%
- Healthshield cash back scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Remote and Flexible Working
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work
- Regular knowledge sharing talks and socials
How to apply;
Please follow this link to submit your cover letter (tell us about you!) and application;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If you require any adjustments as part of our hiring process please let us know.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 13th November 2020. No further applications will be accepted after this.