Broadcast Journalist – Reporter (Norfolk)
Bauer Radio News is looking for an energetic and passionate multi-media news and sport reporter to join our team. This role has reporting and newsgathering as its focus, but you can also expect to be involved in reading news bulletins on occasions.
The successful candidate will be capable of building contacts and unearthing quality news stories from the patch and will ideally have a strong on air voice to be able to broadcast from the scene of breaking news and events with clarity and authority.
You will work closely not only with the news team in East Anglia, but also with our news network across England and the UK. You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who care deeply about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a significant part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
- Produce multimedia content on multiple news stories for on-air, the news pages of our website and our social media channels.
- Have sharp enough judgement to be across the news agenda and react to breaking news in your patch.
- Report from the scene of news events across all platforms.
- Work with other team members across England and the UK to maintain news diaries and plan ahead to enhance our news output in all day parts.
- You will deliver reports with authority and integrity and have the passion and ability to react to breaking news and uncover original stories across the news patch, working across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You should have a recognised journalism qualification, a full driving licence and will be able to work calmly and accurately, ensuring everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom-compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the kinds of stories which will resonate with our audiences.
Closing Date: 12/05/2021