Broadcast Journalist required at Spirit FM in West Sussex
We’re looking for a broadcast journalist to join our team here at Spirit FM in Chichester.
You will be:
- Producing bulletins for broadcast on-air and our digital platforms.
- Creating multi-platform content, including online articles and social media for an audience who trust us as the number one source of news in West Sussex.
- Working with key contacts in a busy patch stretching along the West Sussex coast and up to the South Downs, all requiring equal coverage from the number one commercial station in the county.
- Having fun! We pride ourselves on being a great place to work.
This role is a Monday-Friday, full-time position with the option for extra shifts at weekends.
What we’d like from you:
- A journalism qualification (NCTJ/BJTC or equiv.) including media law
- Experience reading bulletins
- Experience working in a newsroom already and/or on student radio producing news content
- Knowledge of Burli and audio editing software
- The ability to source original stories and build key contacts to deliver the news our audience cares about
- An understanding of the Spirit FM TSA
In return we’ll give you a competitive salary, pension scheme, a staff rewards plan and a fun place to work!
Please send your covering letter, C.V. and audio demo to Spirit FM’s Content Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Sunday 15th March