Broadcast Network and Systems Engineer
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Our radio stations include talkSPORT, the world's biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio - home of the Chris Evans Breakfast Show
The Technology & Engineering department is a key area within Wireless and is divided into three sub sections namely Broadcast, Enterprise and Digital.
Broadcast Engineering are responsible for the highly complex studio systems to ensure continuous and uninterrupted broadcast is maintained. Above all, we want to help make great radio.
The Enterprise Technology function exists to provide expertise to run, maintain and build our internal applications and systems; as well as to provide IT services to assist and support Wireless staff in undertaking their roles.
Digital is responsible for the creation and delivery of consumer products on the web, tablet, mobile and other online products using our brands.
Your role: - Broadcast Network and Systems Engineer - London
- You will provide a customer-service based support approach for all Broadcast technology consumers, liaising with other News UK departments as required to deliver a holistic support experience for staff using Broadcast technology.
- Routine and essential maintenance of broadcast hardware, software and network systems.
- Management of Network including (but not limited to) IP Address assignment/management, VLAN configuration and maintenance, Firewall rule maintenance, Access Control configuration and maintenance, DNS management
- Management of various server platforms including (but not limited to) operating system updates, anti-virus management and configuration, security patching, application patching, software upgrades and management, management and configuration of the Broadcast Active Directory Domain
- Responsible for participating in and upholding Change Management protocols for all Broadcast technology changes
As an experienced Broadcast Network and Systems Engineer, you’ll be hands-on and willing to work in a fast paced, ever-moving environment and able to work independently in high pressure situations and as part of a team.You will have a positive attitude, exceptional client-facing and interpersonal skills with a desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Excellent understanding of, and interest in the technical elements of broadcast production systems and associated platforms and interfaces.
- Proven experience with various broadcast technology standards, including (but not limited to) Internet Streaming, audio over IP and audio routing
- Expert knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft servers.
- A passion for customer service and ensuring prompt resolution of all issues regardless of the ultimate point of responsibility or demarcation
- Understanding of IP and digital audio links.
- A comprehensive understanding of a business-led approach to broadcasting and AV Engineering - demonstrating sound experience of taking a scalable, modular approach to system builds
- Full UK driving licence is desireable
Desirable skills: It would be advantageous if you hold a qualification in IT and/or Electrical and Electronic Engineering however not essential. Experience in ITIL based Service Management protocols and procedures, including major incident management and proven experience with RCS Software, including Zetta and G Selector would also be great to have.What's in it for you?
- Working for some of the biggest broadcast media companies in the UK
- Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
- Commuter Loans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Subsidised cafeteria.
- Discounted book store.
- Regular in-house speaker events.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.