Broadcast Systems Administrator
Broadcast Systems Administrator - An exciting new opportunity to help make radio and television at NewsUK working as part of the Broadcast Technology team.
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
We’re home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company. Our national brands include talkSPORT - the world’s biggest sports radio station, Virgin Radio, talkRADIO, Times Radio and the newly launched talkRADIO TV.
You’ll be joining a supportive and collaborative team of broadcast engineers, working together to share knowledge, develop skills and help make brilliant TV and radio broadcasts. The team are responsible for the complex studio and broadcast transmission chain systems and ensure continuous, high quality, uninterrupted transmissions.
As a Broadcast Systems Administrator, reporting to the Head of Broadcast Technology and working alongside our Broadcast Networks and Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the support, maintenance and development of News UK’s broadcast systems and applications, used in our newsrooms, studios and production suites. You will be working as part of a unified team, supporting both TV and radio operations. You will primarily work normal office hours, but on occasion you will need to work outside those hours to perform planned maintenance or respond to urgent technical issues.
Day to day:
- Provide customer-focussed support for broadcast technology users.
- Perform routine and essential maintenance of broadcast software, hardware and network systems.
- Maintain and solve problems with broadcast software applications and services (e.g. Avid Media Composer, MediaCentral, iNews, Woody).
- Specify and implement new systems to support changing broadcast requirements.
- Configure software and systems to meet operational needs and maintain security.
- Work with outside companies and internal departments to promptly resolve faults.
- Uphold and take part in change and risk management protocols.
- Grow and develop your skills.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Secure knowledge and experience of broadcast media, networking and virtualisation technologies.
- Experience working with Windows, macOS, Linux, network switches, storage systems.
- Experience supporting and administering broadcast playout, scheduling and newsroom systems (Avid Media Composer, iNews, Woody, NEXIS, Media Central PAM, MediaCentral CloudUX).
- Understanding of broadcast audio and video codecs and container formats.
- Understanding of IP-based broadcast infrastructure.
- A positive attitude with exceptional client-facing interpersonal skills for written, oral and face-to-face communications.
- A passion for developing your skills, knowledge and capabilities and those of our team
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Good numerical and written skills
- ACSR certification is desirable
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. This role is primarily based at our London Bridge studios, providing in-person support, but we encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%.
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year.
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions.
- Discounted gym membership for employees and immediate family.
- Life assurance benefits of 4 x your Annual Salary.
- A range of different flexible working options, which can be requested by employees.
- Health and wellbeing benefits including on-site physio/massage, counselling, legal advice, and others.
- Regular in-house events and masterclasses.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.