You will work closely not only with the news team in your patch, but also with our network of journalists across England and the UK, covering the biggest stories for Hits Radio (the UK Station or Network of the Year) plus Greatest Hits Radio, KISS, Absolute Radio, Magic and many more. You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who care deeply about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a significant part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
As a Bulletin Editor in our award-winning UK-wide news team, you will craft, compile and present news bulletins as well as creating and curating our digital news output. You can also expect to be involved in multi-media reporting.
The successful candidate will be a talented journalist with an excellent broadcast voice, capable of building contacts and unearthing quality news stories from the patch.
- Plan, source and deliver news stories and curate and craft news bulletins throughout the day onto Bauer’s portfolio of stations from one of our major news centres.
- Produce content on each story for on-air as well as for the news pages of our website and our social media channels.
- Have sharp enough judgement to be across the news agenda and react to breaking news in your patch.
- Report from the scene of news events across all platforms as required.
- Work with other team members across England and the UK to maintain news diaries and plan ahead to enhance our news output in all day parts.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have a great voice and the passion and ability to react to breaking news and uncover original stories across the news patch, working across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You should have a recognised journalism qualification and will be able to work calmly and accurately, ensuring everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the kinds of stories which will resonate with our local audiences.