Commercial Traffic Scheduler
Nation Broadcasting is one of the UK’s leading media companies. We operate a number of national, regional and local radio stations alongside a digital media company, DAB transmission companies and a DAB software business. Together, Nation Broadcasting’s stations are celebrating record weekly audience figures of 867,000 listeners. (Source RAJAR Q2, 2022).
Our stations include, Nation Radio UK, Nation Radio Wales, Nation Radio Scotland, Greatest Hits Radio (Hull and East Yorkshire) *, Greatest Hits Radio (South Coast) *, Greatest Hits Radio (Ipswich and Suffolk) *, Hits Radio (South Coast) *, Breezy Radio Wales, Radio Pembrokeshire, Radio Carmarthenshire, Bridge FM Radio, Sun FM Radio and Dragon Radio. We also deliver commercial scheduling services for some third-party radio stations. *These stations are operated under a brand license agreement with Bauer Radio.
To process sales orders and schedule the daily advertising and promotions for our commercial radio stations across the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Process orders generated by the sales teams on to the scheduling system
- Process orders arriving from our national agency
- Checking and editing advertising audio (copy) for transmission
- Liaising with the sales team regarding, orders, amendments, missing copy
- Liaising with the programming team to ensure the quality of material broadcast
- Responsible for the interaction between the scheduling system and the playout system to ensure all ads are correctly played out on air.
- Generating reports and data for sales teams and external agencies e.g. PRS
- Liaising with external production companies for the advertising copy
- Managing airtime availability in order to maximise revenue
Skills and Experience: -
- Full training will be provided
- Good administrative and computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to prioritise to meet tight deadlines and juggling competing demands
- An interest in radio
- Helpful attitude and telephone manner when dealing with colleagues
Job Type and Benefits: -
- Part Time role on Monday, Tuesday and Friday for 7.5 hours per day
- Fully working from home
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- Some overtime may be available for holiday cover
How To Apply
Please email your CV to email@example.com
In the promotion of equal opportunities, Nation Broadcasting welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Location: Although this role is home-based you will need to be within a commutable distance of our main UK technology centre in Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan which is used on rare occasions for meetings and disaster recovery.