Into to Station/ Business:
FM104 is the leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle. Q102 serves the city’s 35-55 year olds with a custom music choice carefully blending the best of today’s adult releases with the biggest hits of past decades. Q102 is Dublin’s ‘feelgood choice’.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, FM104 and Q102 in Dublin, 96FM and C103 in Cork, Live 95 in Limerick, U105 in Belfast and LMFM in Louth/Meath, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: Both FM104 and Q102 have a dedicated team of presenters, journalists and producers who deliver an exciting on-air product everyday laced with innovative promotions driven by our out of the box thinking. Our brands are cross platform and we strive to connect with our listeners across all platforms.
Your Role: The Wireless Dublin Content Controller will inspire and lead our content teams. Reporting directly to the Dublin Group Station Director, the controller will also work closely with the Group Content Director and the Group Digital Team to deliver outstanding multi-platform content for both stations.
Responsible for all content on FM104 and Q102, you will:
- Develop the strategy for FM104 and Q102 in conjunction with Group management.
- Lead and inspire the Dublin content team.
- Be a key part of the Dublin management team.
- Be aware of, and ensure compliance with, all BAI and Group codes and practices.
- Innovate and deliver new exciting ideas both promotional and sponsorship.
- Develop and manage the presenter coaching framework.
- Be the brand reference point for both stations.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You have a minimum of 3 years radio programming and management experience.
- You have the capacity to innovate and develop station content across platforms.
- You have excellent coaching and management skills
- You have direct experience of the standard industry software systems, RCS Zetta etc
- You stay up to date with the tastes and needs of our target audiences.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Death in service benefit.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.