Delighting the passionate audiences we serve and growing listener loyalty with relevant, compelling content and brilliant commercial branded content are what we do best at Bauer Media. This is achieved and underpinned by our ability to deliver the highest quality programming for our award-winning stations across the UK.
Bauer Media is recruiting for a world class Content Director to take the world famous Kiss brand through its next chapter of evolution. With a “Never Stand Still” mission, we are looking for a new strategic visionary to map out a clear direction of travel for Kiss to defend and grow its 15 – 34 year old audience; as a radio, audio, video and social brand – spanning all relevant broadcast and digital platforms.
KISS is one of Bauer’s most successful radio brands and comprises of KISS FM UK, KISSTORY, KISS FRESH and a number of streamed services, with a significant reach across social media, and with dozens of events from international KISSTORY club nights through to Kiss Haunted House Party and Kisstory on the Common festival in the UK.
The successful candidate will provide strategic and creative direction for all aspects of KISS content, driving audience growth across relevant platforms. They will work closely with the National Brands Managing Director and their own content team, with overall accountability for content strategy and budgets in line with our strategic business objectives.
For this stand out appointment, we are seeking an individual with excellent creative vision who is able to plan meticulously, and who can switch on an ideas fountain thanks to a deep understanding of what makes a young Gen Z/Millennial audience tick. This person must be an empathetic and inspirational leader with well-honed influencing skills and great commercial instincts, who is completely comfortable working within intense competitive markets.
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of relevant and comparable markets, radio formats and brands
- Strategic thinking balanced with the passion to “get stuck in” when required and lead on award winning ideas and creativity
- A balanced outlook with experience of in-depth research interpretation coupled with a sense of creative instinct
- Ability to lead from the front and both inspire and demand the highest standards of work in equal measure
- Experience of managing and inspiring experienced talent and third parties such as agents
- Commercially aware of what is required to deliver exceptional commercial content that fits with the brand strategy
- A warrior spirit to win in one of the most commercially competitive markets in the world
This exciting position will report directly to Steve Parkinson, Group Managing Director for Bauer Media’s national radio brands which include Absolute Radio, Magic, Jazz FM, Scala, and Kerrang!
Please apply in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Thursday, 10th October 2019.