Content Editor – Sounds Curation
BBC Sounds gives us opportunities to curate and commission content in new ways for all of our audiences; and growing BBC Sounds, alongside BBC iPlayer, is a key priority for the BBC. We have ambitious goals, world class commissioning teams, distinctive new audio content, and more innovative product developments still to come. So it's an exciting time to join the team.
The Sounds Curation team curates and manages BBC audio content in BBC Sounds.
We are there to help listeners discover the best of BBC content through editorial judgments that only humans can make. Reflecting the mood of the nation, creating onward journeys and surfacing hidden gems that help to make listeners feel like Sounds is for them.
This is a senior and strategic role working across BBC speech audio. You will help lead a transformation in how audiences discover the wealth of on-demand speech content through new and innovative curation tactics and strategies.
You will have a clear understanding of how to shape and adapt content to meet audience need states. The Content Editor will provide editorial leadership and supervision to the team and will develop and evolve the curation strategy with the Head of Curation.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have experience of working on a digital platform and understand what works as an on demand offering
- You will have a strong background in radio and audio production with proven experience of the latest production processes, techniques and technologies.
- You will be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in Product Group to help develop the product to meet editorial requirements.
- You will be a visionary and be across industry and competitor developments.
- You will hold the relationship with key stakeholders across BBC linear networks to ensure curation are across all relevant content for curation.
- You will be able to effectively interpret audience data and analyse performance and use this to inform editorial decisions.
The post-holder will occasionally be required to work or be on call at weekends and evenings
Please click on the full job description nd appendix for more information
Contract type: Continuing (permanent)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here