Content Manager – Audio/Radio/Speech
We are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated individual to manage our non-news speech and factual content across multiple, predominantly music-led radio stations and associated digital platforms. Content will range from short packages, interviews and features to longer form documentaries and special programmes.
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Radio & Events, the ideal candidate has a natural passion for great storytelling, is highly creative, as well as analytical and knows how to deliver innovative speech content ideas to segmented audiences on any given channel.
As our new Speech Content Manager you will be part of an international team, dedicated to creating, scheduling/distributing and analysing the impact of unique and engaging subjects for the UK Armed Forces and their families. Your responsibilities will include the successful day-to-day shaping and implementation of our listener-focussed Speech Content Strategy as well as ensuring quality controls and editorial standards.
You’ll collaborate on a daily basis with multiple stakeholders including radio station managers, news teams, radio presenters, producers, podcasters, station sound and other contributors, data analysts, UK Armed Forces media and communications teams, BFBS’s internal PR & Marketing team and external suppliers, always bearing in mind that your goal is to entertain, inform connect and champion our audiences with quality, relevant content.
- Ensure the flow of high-quality material that is in line with our content strategy and short and long-term messaging goals
- Create unique content for our products and be involved in new speech initiatives for different channels
- Feedback, train and coach internal audio content creators in order to maintain quality standards
- Manage external content providers where required
- Optimize existing content for better reach and adapt content for respective channels
- Contribute to and oversee adherence to best practice guides
- Liaise over content distribution to online and social media platforms
- Track performance and progress to measure the success of initiatives, using data to inform editorial decision making
- Establish workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, re-purposing, retiring and archiving content
- Challenge existing approaches and surface new ideas
- Keep up to date with audio industry developments to implement new content opportunities
- 3+ years of audio content management, development and writing experience
- Proven and exceptional storyteller, writer, and editorialist
- Experience in coaching and developing others’ skills
- Ability to deliver against and convey measurable results using analytics
- Excellent practical skills in audio editing and soundscaping
- Knowledge of the UK Armed Forces
- Journalism qualification
- Understanding of Ofcom regulation in relation to campaign content
- Experience of use of audio content for campaigns and marketing purposes
- Understanding of scheduling content across multiple platforms and outputs
Abilities and Qualities
- Creative, with a critical eye when it comes to developing and implementing new ideas
- High attention to detail and strong grasp of quality
- Editorial confidence
- Credibility as a subject matter expert, able to develop others’ skills
- Self-driven, with the ability to manage different projects at the same time
- Organized, with good time-management skills and can-do attitude
- Eager to learn and able to adapt to changes in processes and new requirements quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude, able to collaborate across multiple teams
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do have any further questions regarding this role please email email@example.com who will be able to give you more details.