News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. Since Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home at Virgin Radio UK a year ago, the whole schedule has seen record audiences, and we’ve launched three new Virgin channels: Anthems, Chilled and Groove. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League, the England Cricket Board and many others to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
The team :The talkSPORT website is viewed by millions of people a month, while we have over 1.5 million followers on Twitter, a Facebook page with 3 million likes and a YouTube channel with 800,000 subscribers.
We are now preparing to launch talkSPORT EDGE - a fresh, exciting and innovative sports platform - and are looking for talented multimedia journalists to join the team.
The Role : As a content producer, you will be tasked with creating bespoke video and written content to be used exclusively within the talkSPORT EDGE app.
You will be as comfortable writing copy as you are behind the camera and will present the latest news and talking points throughout the sporting world in interesting and creative ways.
You will be a social media obsessive who is always up to date with the top trending topics and will be as familiar with Tiktok as you are with Twitter.
You will be passionate and knowledgeable about sport, particularly football, and bursting with ideas to deliver best-in-class content aimed at bringing new audiences to talkSPORT.
You will report into the talkSPORT EDGE editor and will work 40 hours a week on a rota system, initially from home but, when required, in our offices in London.
Day to day you will:
- Produce original, shareable sports news and feature content in written and video form
- Generate ideas on a daily basis to make the app best-in-class and ensure quality user experience
- Work with talkSPORT talent to present content in unique and creative ways
- Design and edit infographics, incorporating stats
- Control and manage feeds within the app
- Utilise betting odds within content and create bespoke articles to include offers
- Track users and use analytics to help inform editorial decisions
- Work with colleagues across talkSPORT and News UK to utilise content across multiple titles within the app
The ideal candidate:
- A passion for sports journalism and creating engaging content
- An encyclopedic knowledge of football
- Strong writer with a good eye for detail
- Video editing skills and experience of using Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Ability to create and edit imagery using Photoshop or similar tools
- Experience of using a content management system - preferably with a national brand
- Immersed in social media and always up to date with the latest trends
- A good understanding of sports betting and its communities
- Able to prioritise tasks and excel in a fast-moving, pressurised environment
- Team player with an exceptional work ethic
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.