Content Solutions Assistant
Content Solutions Assistant - An exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career in media/ radio advertising!
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Team: You’ll be part of a 7 strong team given responsibility for driving S&P revenue for Wireless, working closely with the hub sales and programming teams on all briefs which come into the building. Unlike in many other Content Solutions teams, you’ll work closely with the Heads of Programming to develop proactive sponsorship properties that you will own and help take to market.
Your Role: You will assist the Head of Content Solutions and wider team to develop the sponsorship, promotional and content solutions offering across talkSPORT, talkSPORT 2, Virgin Radio, Times Radio and talkRADIO.
Day to day:
- Identify specific sponsorship opportunities to create supporting brand credentials presentations.
- Liaise with the programming team to scope out possibilities for upcoming events in order to feedback to the sales floor.
- Participate in the idea generation process through to pitch stage.
- Using planning systems to create audience delivery figures for certain sponsorship proposals.
- Developing a first-rate knowledge of the media landscape. Understanding what competitors are doing and how they present, sell and manage similar initiatives.
- Working with the Activation team to establish any issues on campaigns as well as ascertaining what is working well.
- Participate in brainstorming and creative sessions, using different techniques to create the best possible solution to answer the brief.
- Engender a culture of creativity and innovation through delivering market leading creative ideas, breaking boundaries and striving to produce true media firsts.
What we’re looking for from you:
This role would suit someone starting a career in radio/ media who has the below:
- You’ll be an organised multi tasker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- You’ll have knowledge of our brands & channels and an interest in their content. You may not be an expert but you’ll have a desire to learn.
- You’ll be confident and comfortable speaking with people at all levels across the business, and will love sharing your ideas.
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.