Current Affairs Presenter / News Reader
Tipp Mid-West Radio, St. Michael’s Street, Tipperary Town is seeking applications for the position of: CURRENT AFFAIRS PRESENTER / NEWS READER (FULL-TIME)
This is a Full-Time Position (39 hours per week – Monday to Friday)
- Presenting and researching guests & material for the “Morning Call” current affairs radio programme (4 days per week – Monday to Thursday)
- Provide & broadcast hourly news bulletins from 8 a.m. (Monday to Friday)
- Present “Morning Call” live on air, Monday to Thursday (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Research topics and relevant issues at local and national level to ensure sufficient material to cover the programme daily
- Organise guests to discuss topics of interest to our listenership
- Research & broadcast news items for hourly news bulletins
Personal & Professional Requirements
- Keen interest in current affairs, national politics and local politics as well as a good knowledge of the current local political landscape and local social interests & interest stories (non-political)
- Previous experience in radio / broadcasting is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and fluent English is essential
- Candidates should be content to produce the “Morning Call” and news bulletins under their own initiative and be happy to work on their own to fulfill the job requirements.
- Candidates should be flexible and be able to work to a dead-line.
Important Eligibility Criteria (PLEASE NOTE)
This position is supported by the Community Services Programme (CSP). Therefore, candidates must be in receipt of a Social Welfare /Benefit Payment to be considered.
Candidates from the following categories (among others) are welcome to apply:
- Persons in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit, Jobseeker’s Assistance, Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, One Parent Family Payment or Jobseeker Transitional Payment
- Persons in receipt of Disability Allowance, Invalidity Pension, Blind Person’s Pension or other disability benefit
- Persons employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment (CE) & Job Initiatives schemes are eligible, but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP position with any of the above positions.
- Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible
Role Within The Radio
Tipp Mid-West Radio is a dynamic community radio station. The successful candidate will be afforded the opportunity to develop great creativity and personal growth by engaging with the grassroots of our community on a social and political level to highlight the topics, issues and interests of our diverse area and listenership. The successful candidate will receive technical training and amass skills in public speaking, research, interpersonal relations, community engagement and broadcasting essentials. The initiative required for the position will enable the successful candidate to develop the “Morning Call” programme in an individualistic and personal way, with direct communication with the Manager & Programme Controller.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a Cover Letter & recent C.V. to: email@example.com
or by post to:
The Manager, Tipp Mid-West Radio, St. Michael’s Street, Tipperary Town.
The Closing Date for Applications is 4 p.m. on Friday, 24th July 2020.