Customer Support Agent
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Customer Support Agent
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Customer Support Team Manager
Overview of job
Our ambition, for customers (internal and external) is to ensure every interaction with Global is a positive experience. As a Customer Support Agent, you will typically be the first person our customers speak with, so you have a great responsibility of providing callers with a positive experience. Our app, Global Player, is a key product, you will provide first line support to users, and you will also take Switchboard calls, transferring business callers within the entire Global business.
As part of the Global Customer Support Team in Leicester Square, in the heart of our Radio operations. You will be working with people across the Global Media Group, so if you consider yourself to be a total people-person, love helping others, have lots of experience and want a career in a fast paced exciting media company then apply today
3 best things about the job
- There is variety in every day and every customer interaction!
- Working across the entire business.
- Working with people and the lively that brings!
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Achieved customer satisfaction scores of up to 80%
- Quality monitoring standards achieved for email, phone calls, social media.
- Responding to customer enquiries at volume.
- Taken an active part in team activities and sharing information.
Responsibilities of the role
- Handle customer enquiries by phone, email, web chat and social media.
- Provide first line support to our Global Player (App and Web) users.
- Resolve enquiries first time.
- Handle enquiries, complex enquiries and complaints passionate about customer satisfaction.
- Case management – Manage customer enquiries to resolution, taking ownership for the solution.
- Enter customer information into our systems
- Identify trends and intensify priority issues
- Conduct other administrative tasks as requested
- Be an active part of the Customer Support Team
- Work various shifts across Monday to Saturday.
What will you need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Previous experience as a customer service or customer relations agent, is important. You will have experience of working in a contact centre environment or a small customer service team previously.
- Experience in handling complex customer enquiries and complaints.
- Experience in troubleshooting first line technical or user issues on devices, products or software applications.
- Experience in responding to customers by email, telephone, webchat and social media.
- Excellent communication skills – your written skills are as good as your conversation!
- Superb customer service skills
- Able to respond quickly and provide effective customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global