Daytime Producer, Virgin Radio
DAYTIME PRODUCER - VIRGIN RADIO UK
Virgin Radio is the best place to work in the world, why wouldn’t you want to be part of it?
Broadcasting from the top of the News UK Building in London Bridge, Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky and The Graham Norton Radio Show with Waitrose.
We’re looking for a world class producer to come and take our daytime output to the next level. Reporting to the Deputy Content Director, you’ll be working with great talent like Eddy Temple-Morris, Tim Cocker and Kate Lawler.
Your Role: As the Daytime Producer, reporting to the Deputy Content Director, you will help shape and produce the daytime lineup on Virgin Radio UK
Day to day you will:
- Deliver entertaining and engaging content in line with overall station strategy
- Grow audience across all platforms, ie. on air and on social media.
- Deliver paid content, eg. Sponsorship & Promotions in the most creative and innovative way, in line with pre-agreed client expectations.
- Offer a creative view to continuously improve shows and running of the wider department, fulfilling each show’s potential.
- Assist the Content Director & Deputy Content Director implementing the broader programming strategy for Virgin Radio.
- Help construct and implement a clear social media strategy in conjunction with the Digital Manager.
- Respond to audience interaction
- Forward plan and generate fresh ideas.
- Maintain and protect the integrity of the Virgin Radio brand.
What we’re looking for from you:
A producer who is proactive, organised and great at multitasking. You will have a great track record in live radio production with at least two years experience in a major/national market and have an ear for great audio. This is not an entry level role.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to inspire and lead small teams and work closely with presenters
- A creative mind and ability to think differently
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- You will have an ability to influence and build long lasting relationships
- You are competent in the use of relevant software, including but not limited to Zetta, G-Selector, Phone-Box, Audition.
- A reliable pair of hands you have an understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League and other leading sports bodies to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music. Times Radio and talkRADIO are the UK’s most exciting national speech radio services, offering fresh choice in news and current affairs across multiple platforms. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.