Deputy Managing Editor – Heart
To manage the roll out and day-to-day operations of the Heart Network and Heart London.
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with Heart’s Managing Editor and Global’s Director of Broadcasting, you’ll be helping to run the UK’s largest commercial radio brand. You’ll be responsible for the planning and delivery of world class content across multi-platforms that help to strengthen and grow Heart’s market leading position. An experienced leader, you’ll be one of those rare people who is adept at handling many challenging projects at once, whilst possessing the creative flair to help set Heart apart from the rest. You'll be self-sufficient and someone who loves nailing the finer details to make every piece of content succeed today, whilst continually thinking about how you make things even better tomorrow. It is an incredibly exciting time for Heart and this is a rare opportunity to be an integral part of our senior team as we work to realise some big ambitions.
You’ll have these skills and experience
- Plenty of experience in a senior programming position – either as a Deputy, Exec Producer or similar role.
- Experience of managing programming teams.
- Proven track record for producing top rating radio programmes.
- Used to managing presenters with big personalities and be able to handle the pressure that comes with working with some of the top talent in the industry.
- Know how to coach presenters, lead listen back sessions and understand how to get the very best out of a variety of personalities.
- An understanding of how gaming works on air and have big ideas to make commercial promotions stand out in a crowded market.
- Know your way around the studio and ideally have experience with the Genesys and Zetta playout systems.
- Understand how to harness our social platforms and know how to create digital content that helps deliver audience.
- Take pride in your own ideas and be able to stimulate creativity in others.
- Confidence when working towards your own personal objectives as well as helping others to achieve theirs.
- You’ll love being part of a large team but be self-reliant and able to juggle multiple projects at once to a continually high standard.