Digital and Social Media Manager
You’ll be working in our small radio team at Jazz FM, overseeing the digital and social media channels. We’re based in One Golden Square, in central London, the home to well over 20 radio stations.
You’ll be interacting with everyone from the music team, to marketing, to producers and presenters, all passionate about creating award-winning content. We’re a friendly bunch who are as likely to be chatting about last night’s TV as we are to be discussing the gig we went to.
Your goal is to drive more engagement on our digital platforms, encouraging listening and therefore growing the audience of our stations.
What you'll do:
As a Digital & Social Media Producer, you’ll be doing the following for Jazz FM’s social media channels and websites:
- Create and post engaging video and station content that resonates with our audiences.
- Edit (and occasionally film) social-specific videos.
- Moderate social media channels and respond to audience enquiries.
- Update the stations’ websites and apps on a daily basis, as well as create new pages and writing music features.
- Pitch in with creative ideas at regular planning sessions.
- Work at occasional events outside of traditional office hours to provide live social media coverage.
- Execute relevant commercial content on behalf of clients
What you will bring:
This is one of the most listener-facing roles in the company, representing the public online face of our stations, so you’ll bring:
- Strong writing skills, with an eye for detail and an appreciation of the need for correct grammar and accurate spelling in all communications. Ideally English or a writing-heavy subject to at least A-Level or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of social networks and the nature of their communities.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, jazz, soul and blues (but not necessarily an expert).
- Ideally experience of using image manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop), and willingness to develop these skills to a professional level.
- Video editing skills would be an advantage, willingness to learn essential.
- Creativity and the ability to turn an abstract idea into an end product that will be enjoyed by our listeners.
- A willingness to work on exciting projects that may see you working in unusual locations, at unorthodox hours, with some extraordinary people…
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send a CV along with a covering letter, plus a screenshot of a piece of content driven social media that you’ve seen and think works well, along with a paragraph of no more than 100 words as to why. We’d prefer this not be from any Jazz FM Social Media channels.
Send this all in one email to Natasha.Knight@jazzfm.com with “Social Media Application” in the email subject field.