Digital Audio Managing Editor
Digital Audio Managing Editor – Communicorp Media
Communicorp Media is Ireland’s premier media company and the home to some of Ireland's leading commercial media brands. In Ireland we are proud to count Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin 103.8, Spin South West, Off the Ball, AudioXi and GoLoud as the phenomenal brands in our portfolio.
About the Role
Communicorp Media is recruiting a talented and passionate Digital Audio Managing Editor, to drive our digital audio content strategy and lead a team of digital content creators. In this exciting and fast paced role, the successful candidate will collaborate with content producers, marketing, sales and third-party partners to increase audience engagement.
You will be abreast of market innovations and will develop a content strategy that puts Communicorp Media at the forefront of audio and podcasting.
Responsibilities, Skills and Qualifications
What you’ll do:
- Work with the brand content leaders and the Director of Digital to design and deliver Communicorp Media’s digital audio content strategy.
- Manage and continuously assess the group podcast budget.
- Lead the strategy for podcasting across the business including original podcast series and third-party content.
- Create and produce a slate of new podcast series and work with FM programming and marketing teams to develop on air opportunities.
- Produce digital audio content that appeals to audiences not currently served by Communicorp Media’s broadcast output.
- Develop third party content relationships that help to drive Communicorp Media’s hosted podcast reach.
- Collaborate with commercial, marketing and programming teams in order to drive revenue and digital audio content opportunities.
- Design and produce non broadcast audio products that answer third party commercial briefs.
- You have 5+ years experience in creating and producing audio and podcast content.
- You are digitally savvy with a strong understanding of the digital landscape, data and analytics.
- You are passionate about the evolution of music, radio and audio consumption.
- You are creative and innovative – always looking at what’s different, better or next.
- You have established contacts across media and podcasting.
- Experience building, managing, coaching, and developing a team.
- You lead with passion – and have excellent people management skills.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Communicorp Media we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Communicorp Media employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.